In the Sr Data Engineer role, as a core member of Accolade’s enterprise data platform team, you will be designing, building and delivering V1 cloud native, service-oriented products to meet the growth trajectory of the company in data ingestion, processing and business intelligence needs. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into world class software with the latest AWS technologies.
A day in the life…
- Interface with end users to gather, understand and translate requirements into the Agile delivery process
- Work closely with product owners, designers, other developers, architects, quality engineers, and DevOps to deliver innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems
- Design and implement highly performing EDW components used by internal Operations and Product team
- Technically lead the design and delivery of complex solutions end to end
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Proactively seek to improve engineering principles, processes, tools, and frameworks
- Build out an Enterprise Data warehouse consuming data from Telephony and CRM systems
- Build data ingestion engine, data processing using Python, synchronizing data between up and down stream systems; AWS RDS, Dynamo, RedShift, and s3
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of data engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we’re looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has a good deal of experience with data transformation/warehousing/architecture, as indicated by the following attributes
- 7+ years software development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or engineering specific certifications or equivalent degree experience
- Expert in Relational Data modeling (Relational Database)
- Ability to collaborate with dependent teams, focusing on communication and accountability to deliver system-level solutions.
- Comfortable working on a high-visibility, high-impact projects.
- Strong knowledge of Java/Python: scripting languages; Bash, Shell Script
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Services, particularly s3, RedShift, EC2, RDS, Dynamo
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, particularly EMR or other cloud platform services
- Experience in real stream processing with Spark/Kafka/Kinesis
- Experience in building and working in a heavy agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Self-driven and ability to lead complex projects
- Ability to influence others and direction of projects