Posted on February 13, 2018
Software Engineering Team Lead – Integrations
AWeber is a critical tool in the growth of nearly 100,000 small businesses, and has won local, state, and national awards for outstanding customer service, and being an AWesome place to work. We thrive on creating remarkable experiences for customers and fellow team members alike. The Integrations team is core to developing our product and servicing our customers’ needs by building, maintaining, and owning the browser-based experience our customers see.
We are looking for a passionate leader of engineering teams to help grow, develop, and lead a cross-functional technology team that creates delight for customers and team members by building new services, maintaining existing technologies, and reducing the time to discover and recover from application issues that arise. The Team Lead will be responsible for managerial and leadership responsibilities, and should be focused on developing those capabilities.
- Interview and evaluate, hire and onboard new team members
- Team member development and mentoring around topics ranging from troubleshooting and security, to customer service and communication, to conflict resolution, team commitment, and accountability
- Team member performance evaluations, goal planning, and training coordination to insure team members have knowledge, tools, and feedback they need to reach their goals
- Track team performance metrics such as response/resolution times for support and system recovery and team satisfaction, set improvement goals, and inspire, motivate, and mentor a team to achieve them.
- Manage vendor relationships for third party products and external consultants
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years experience in full-time, hands-on, full-stack, production web development roles
- Experience in open source web development stacks
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability and desire to inspire and mentor team members
- Demonstrated ability to take on a leadership role within and across teams
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects cross-functionally and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities with tenacity and initiative to deliver results
- Critical thinker with the ability to demystify complex technical requirements
We develop and manage email marketing automation and newsletter software for over 100,000 small businesses, bloggers, nonprofits, and other customers around the world.
We’re in Chalfont, PA, nestled in the heart of scenic Bucks County, in the suburbs of Philadelphia. While this position may require occasional travel, the majority of your time will be spent working on-site with AWesome people in our state-of-the-art headquarters. So you’ll need to be located in the Philadelphia area or willing to relocate here.
- 100% Company Paid PPO medical, dental, vision, insurance. (including domestic partner benefits).
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fully Reimbursed Gym Memberships.
- 3 weeks paid time off (increases up to 30 days at 7 years).
- 4 week paid sabbatical at years 10, 15, and 20.
- Company Shuttle pick up/drop off at local SEPTA stations.
- Paid holidays.
- 401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
- Free lunches every day.
- Break rooms stocked with soda, juices, coffee and teas.
- MacBook Pro laptops and 30″ monitors.
- Multiple high definition theater rooms fully equipped with Xbox, Wii & Blu-Ray players.
- A game room with competition billiard, foosball, and ping-pong tables.
Apply for this job Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!