SBD’s HTAS Breakthrough Innovation team is looking for an aggressive creative thinker to join its team. This individual should feel comfortable working in the front end of the business cycle and inventing new techniques, processes and products. The Software Engineer will develop, maintain, and enhance prototype software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and control systems) based upon identified requirements. This person would also be the lead for internal IT related integrations and 3rd party software discussions. In this position you will:
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features to innovative products.
• Code/Program basic mobile apps for prototyping to connect hardware and software for test purposes
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
• Make or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
• Write or review software and system documentation.
• Serve as team expert for software development initiatives with 3rd parties
TECHNICAL SKILL SETS:
Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux OSes
Demonstrable experience with development platforms i.e. Raspberry Pi, Arduino
Familiarity with communication protocols, i.e. Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11, etc
Coding/Programming/Hacking Interests: hands on experience outside of work
Works well within a team
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
Basic Mobile and Web development
2+ plus years specific experience in software development outside of university
SKILL SETs DESIRED:
Leadership and team building skills
Communication skills (verbal / written)
•Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
•Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes.Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
•Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
•Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Sign-up for regular updates from Technical.ly