Yellowdig is looking for a lead full stack software engineer with a strong background in web technologies and application development.
We are looking for a self-motivated engineer with a strong entrepreneurial drive to develop the next generation of web, mobile, and big data technologies making learning go beyond the classroom.
We are a diverse team committed to solving some of the most challenging problems faced in education: make students’ learning more effective and classrooms more engaging. How can today’s educators keep tomorrow’s students engaged and motivated? Our patent pending social learning platform has demonstrated higher engagement and learning outcome through collaboration, content curation and data mining.
Our customers include some of the world’s foremost and most prestigious universities, including Harvard University, University of California, Northwestern University, Arizona State University, University of Pennsylvania and many more who have bought into our vision and joined us in the journey. We are small but revenue positive and growing rapidly as new institutions are signing on. Your work will directly impact students’ lives and our rapidly growing customers base.
• Are a self-starter, independent and resourceful.
• Have a passion for excellence and innovation.
• Have a strong desire to be part of a dedicated startup team.
• Are not religious in your technology choices and use the right tool for the job, but have the passion and knowledge to discuss pros/cons of various tooling and technologies
Skills we’re looking for:
• Strong Linux server expertise and cloud infrastructure management (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
• Experience developing or supporting sites using API and SDK integrations.
• Good comfort level with full stack software engineering (front-end and back-end).
• Ability to engage and communicate with people on all levels, from other developers to customers and end users.
• Must have: 3 – 6 years of relevant experience (professionally or as personal passion).
Beneficial Skills (technologies we dabble with):
• Knowledge of (or experience with) Docker, ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana.
• Experience with Learning Tools Interoperability, xAPI and Caliper Analytics standards.
• Machine learning, pattern recognition and data mining using Python, R and Tableau.
• Distributed version control, Git, JIRA, Test Driven Development.
• Experience with event processing, data science, or big data analytics.
You can expect:
• Work amidst some of the brightest and most passionate engineers.
• Tremendous opportunity to work on a problem with high impact to society.
• Direct interaction with several key Philadelphia startups, co-located in the state of the art WeWork Philadelphia.
Location: Philadelphia, USA
To apply: Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Yellowdig is an equal opportunity employer.
Genuine. Organic. Student-driven.
A better approach to online learning.
What’s our mission? To improve educators and students’ lives, and impact the future of education. Sound fulfilling? Come work with us!
Sign-up for regular updates from Technical.ly