The Senior DevOps Engineer will drive our configuration management, build, deploy, and monitoring platforms. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment, which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises.
Key Accountabilities/Decision Making & Influence
- Adopting and implementing best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Participate in furthering of Agile/DevOps culture
- Design next generation application strategy using cloud-native and serverless architectures
- Promote the development of technical standards for the team
- Work with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design a technical structure meeting the strategic needs of the business
- Implement configuration management for development, test, and production environments
- Secure systems using best practices, and continuously audit environment to confirm it is bulletproof
- Monitor for optimal performance and uptime of cloud infrastructure
- Respond to alerts of application instability, identifying root cause and corrective actions
- Control infrastructure costs by continually looking for opportunities to right-size servers and services
- Architect systems for high availability. Document and test disaster recovery scenarios.
- Migrate on-premises workloads to the cloud
- Monitor application and infrastructure and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Work with Engineers to drive issues to resolution during application instability
- Identify weaknesses in the infrastructure and be the driver of improvements
- Maintain and implement change management control procedures and processes for production, UAT and TE releases.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in a modern software development environment that is Agile and incorporates DevOps practices
- Strong experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Experience in Python, Terraform, PowerShell
- Version control systems: Git, BitBucket, TFS
- Experience in containerization and orchestration(kubernetes)
- Configuration management using Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Good understanding of Cloud governance and how to implement
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Cloud Certifications like AWS Solutions Architect highly preferred
- Expert in Linux/Windows server operating systems, and Web Server technologies including IIS, WebLogic, and WebSphere
- Knowledge of relational databases including SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing back-up support to team members & establishing/maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
- Previously demonstrated proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects overall, as well as to the types of scheduling & process changes that are inherent in a fast-paced business.