Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. Weâre tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
- You are passionate about empowering small businesses to make them successful.
- You are a hands-on product manager who can make sound decisions based on data, research, patterns and product sense.
- You love customer research and are able to stitch together insights from qualitative and quantitative findings to create compelling product experiences.
- You are motivated by working on things that are hard and inspired.
- You are obsessed with making things as easy to use as they can possibly be.
- You are an example when it comes to trying new things and venturing where others would not.
- You are a culture driver and you want to build the best working culture on the planet.
- You set big goals for yourself and you accelerate the path to accomplishing goals.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing the product strategy, roadmap, and extensibility of the framework of our Homebase platform. You will own the key areas that touch all the products that Homebase offers, such as navigation, settings, notifications, permissions, etc. You will lead research with customers and other product teams, develop KPIs, execute on the roadmap with the design and engineering team, and work with our marketing and customer success teams to effectively launch to new and existing customers. This role reports to the Director of Product.
- Understand customer and company needs by partnering closely with product, marketing and customer success teams.
- Drive product discovery with qualitative and quantitative customer research.
- Lead âtheâ product strategy and roadmap for Homebase framework.
- Define goals and key performance indicators to drive towards the easiest and most extensible solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams and VP of product to build a cohesive product strategy.
- Partner closely with engineering and design to build a high quality product that customers love.
- Collaborate with marketing and customer success to align on go-to-market plans and internal tooling support.
- Partner with the data science team to instrument and analyze customer behavior.
- Lead product check-ins with stakeholders and the executive team.
- 5+ years of product management or related experience, preferably within a high growth B2C/B2b SaaS.
- Demonstrated understanding of product discovery and delivery methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to hard problems – making sound decisions on how to ship value, learn and iterate.
- Excellentâ âanalyticalâ âskillsâ âincludingâ âtheâ âabilityâ âtoâ âgatherâ âandâ âanalyzeâ âdataâ âsetsââ âandâ âtoâ âinterpretâ âthemâ âtoâ âmakeâ âsound businessâ âdecisions.
- Experienceâ âacross the product lifecycle from ideation & strategy to go to market to tracking KPIs.
- Demonstratedâ âabilityâ âtoâ âprioritizeâ âamongâ âcompetingâ âopportunitiesâ.
- Excellentâ âverbalâ â&â âwrittenâ âcommunicationâ âskills.
- Bachelorâsâ âDegree or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options – everyone is an owner
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits
- Remote work with hybrid option in SF and Houston
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Generous accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now