SimpleTire is the Fastest Growing Automotive Brand in America according to Inc. Magazine 2019 All Star Entrepreneurs with over 1200% growth in three years!
SimpleTire was co-founded by Andy and Josh Chalofsky and Kenny Pratt. They shared a common vision to create a company that offers customers the largest selection of tires at the best price on new tires for every vehicle with free shipping, in a painless, “simple” tire buying process.
In 2012, the trio successfully converted the traditional business model to a technology-driven model, linking independent tire distributors and installers across the country into a seamless e-commerce network, creating SimpleTire. Today, SimpleTire’s network stretches across the country with more than 3,000 independent supply points and over 10,000 installation centers.
SimpleTire employs nearly 100 people and supports thousands of local businesses. In 2019 the Company was named a “Best Place Two Work” finalist by Tire Business Magazine.
As Release Engineer, Operations & Infrastructure, your essential job functions will include the following:
- Responsible for executing enterprise wide code releases/deployments.
- Work with the Release Manager and Support resources in monitoring, management and improvement of cloud network and server infrastructure.
- Responsible to ensure coordination of builds through dev, test and deployment to avoid conflicts and assure proper structure.
System Planning & Delivery
- Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of IT solutions including the systems requirements, systems design and implementation, change management, testing, enhancements, maintenance and support for Simple Tire’s IT platforms.
- Provide support for business-critical computing infrastructure, servers, networks, monitoring systems and systems alerting to support the daily business operations while remaining compliant to the various market standards.
- Maintain systems within current standards for patches and scheduled upgrades including PCI, PII and CCPA standards.
- Drive simplification across computing environments to reduce costs and improve performance and availability of server, network and end-user computing systems.
- Assist in creating a smooth transition from existing to new technologies.
Infrastructure Management and Security
- Active management of servers, middleware, integration services, EDI, core systems software, operating systems, desktops, development environment, and voip.
- Actively engage/manage vendors to derive the most from the relationship and remain current on improvements in their offerings.
- Ensure effective delivery and performance of IT Services to employees such as email, web browsing, voice, etc.
- Implement technologies and guidelines that support a high growth and entrepreneurial culture.
- Maintain high system and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain a reliable and thorough business continuity process to ensure business recoverability in the event of a significant outage.
- Work with the Release Manager to maintain a thorough Security Management process to keep Simple Tire’s environments secure from potential harm.
Computing Environment and Operations Support
- Work with the Help Desk support resources and end-user computing environment for all daily operations related to business applications and systems.
- Work with the operations and production support resources to establish and maintain an effective Incident Management Process to ensure business application, infrastructure or data integrity problems are handled in a consistent and expedient manner.
- Effectively monitor the entire Simple Tire processing environment and facilitate the measuring and monitoring of Simple Tire’s performance and availability SLAs for internal and customer-facing systems.
- Ensure high availability, and reliability of all on-line business applications and systems.
- Work with the Release Manger to provide the organization with status and trend reporting on system and network performance/availability.
- Implement, operate, and maintain a consistent Change Management process for all environments.
Leadership, Mentoring and Coaching
- Work with various other Simple Tire resources to help them understand the technology and importance of process, compliance and risk mitigation.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology or a related field preferred
- Minimum of five (2) years of Information Technology and business experience
- 3+ years working with production infrastructure and systems
- Demonstrated experience with managing AWS (EC2, Aurora, CodeDeploy) and orchestration tools such as Salt in a highly available ecommerce environment
- Demonstrated business acumen and judgment
- Proven background in developing and managing an Information Technology budget
- Strong communicator and team player with a focus towards customer service
- Automotive Industry experience is a plus
- Experience with information security is a plus
- Experience with PHP, CloudFlare, GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA and New Relic is a plus