We’re looking for a front end engineer that is adept at implementing user interfaces for our client and internal projects.
This engineer will work with clients, business analysts, UX designers, and developers to code intuitive, functional, and elegant user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a broad body of work consisting of high-quality, responsive, well architected user interfaces. They should be a creative thinker and a problem solver.
- Implementing reusable UI patterns and components in project development
- Working well in a small team and independently when necessary
- Participating in daily stand up and weekly planning & retrospective meetings
- Taking ownership of our work-product and ensuring a cohesive, quality user experience
- Championing client vision and priorities day-to-day
- Turning clients’ big ideas into actionable stories in collaboration with a team
- Educating clients on UI engineering best practices
- Estimating project proposals in collaboration with software engineers, UX designers, project managers and business analysts
- Staying abreast of UI trends, technology, tools, and techniques
About the ideal candidate
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people.
Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Well structured, modular, scalable stylesheets
- CSS preprocessors such as Sass, Less, CSS-in-JS, etc.
- CSS architectural methodologies such as BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS, etc.
- Semantic, valid, accessible markup
- Templating engines such as Handlebars, EJS, Pug, ERB, etc.
- Responsive and mobile-first implementations
- Advanced presentation logic
- Modern, idiomatic scripting techniques
- Frameworks, ideally React and React Native
- Frontend Development Tools such as Webpack, Gulp, npm, etc.
- Git Version control
Experience with any of the following is preferable:
- Front-end engineering best practices
- State management (e.g. Redux, Context)
- Unit testing UI components
- Routing & UI Architecture
- React Native, iOS, Android development
- Scalable Typographic systems
- Adaptive color systems
- Accessibility, WCAG / 508 compliance
- Working with design tools such as InVision, Sketch, etc.
- R&D time for internal projects, products, and professional development
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Ergonomic work stations including seated & standing pair programming stations
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
- We value a healthy work-life balance, requiring about 30 billable hours per week
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
How to apply
Please apply with a custom cover letter. Tell us which position you’re applying for and why you’re a good fit. Please include a resume and examples of your work (e.g. links to website or portfolio).
Principals only. No recruiters, please.
PromptWorks builds web applications and mobile apps in Center City, Philadelphia. We pride ourselves on software quality, agile development, and rapid iteration.