Want to help make the digital world a better, safer place? Engine Room is looking for an energetic and earnest person to be the newest member of our team, delivering high quality secure, digital marketing solutions, for our large corporate clients.
The Project Manager (PM) is the project lead on a client project, ultimately responsible for the delivery of high quality deliverables that power client satisfaction and meet business requirements. This role is responsible for overseeing and directing multiple projects at a time, and ensuring that these projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget. The role ensures that the project goals and requirements are understood by the Engine Room team and will participate heavily in the solution developed by the team. The PM may interface heavily with senior client marketing, technical, and executive management to ensure that the solution is understood, and it addresses the customer’s business requirements.
Knowledge and skills
- Leads teams to drive multiple or large, complex and cross-functional projects to completion based on scope and budget. Strong understanding of digital (web, mobile, etc.) media and technologies.
- Prepares contract, with quick turnaround time and minimal revisions.
- Regularly demonstrates critical thinking skills and proactive problem solving to address project risks and issues.
- Able to define process, communication plan and rules of engagement for projects and manages team adherence.
- Solid knowledge of today’s digital technologies and continuously learning/adapting to new technologies.
- Flexible approach to project management and familiarity with different project methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology and best practices, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, estimate resource allocations and run team meetings. Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Key player in business development, especially for existing clients.
- Creates and manages project plans and timelines via a cross-discipline, collaborative approach.
- Structures and leads project status reviews; promotes post-project retrospective sessions.
- Champion for best practices on quality assurance and team adherence to QA plan.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies. Identifies opportunities to streamline processes, to create efficiencies and suggests alternative solutions.
- Solution oriented. Brings problems with potential solutions to the attention of management.
- Collaboration: Keeps team informed of changes.
- Project Finances: In conjunction with Sr. Leadership, owns the overall health and margin on assigned projects. Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc. Provides accurate and realistic cost-to-complete estimates and forecasts for assigned projects.
- Execution: Manages delivery of work from inception to completion. Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed.
- Client Knowledge: Has intimate understanding of client processes and priorities. Ensures project deliverables meet client requirements
- Accountability: Leads delivery of Engine Room work on assigned projects; owns project scope, budgets and timing.
- Problem Solving: Confident problem solver; willing and able to have difficult conversations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-3 years similar professional experience
- Professional presentation and client facing skills
- Advanced in PM tools: Excel/Word/Project/PowerPoint (or Google equivalent)
- Knowledge of digital media and technologies required
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development