Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, we are excited about the return of travel and look forward to welcoming visitors from around the world back to our amazing city. The resilient, diverse, and welcoming nature of our city is what drives us forward, and its our talented staff that enables the PHLCVB to continually raise the bar.
We are currently searching for a Website Development Specialist to join our team.
The Website Development Specialist will support the development, maintenance, and ongoing enhancement of the organization’s website (www.DiscoverPHL.com) and use of digital technology to help promote the organization and the City of Philadelphia as a global destination for meetings, conventions and events international travel, and group travel. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, this position will work closely with internal IT staff to support ongoing website enhancements and technical implementations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain DiscoverPHL.com and related websites. Implement website template and design initiatives. Support day-to-day operations of the website by updating images, maintaining a homepage content schedule, and auditing outdated pages to support analytics benchmarks and goals
- Manage outbound e-mail communication system for the organization. Provide analysis and recommendations in improve email communications.
- Research web and digital communication trends, innovations, and emergent interactive technologies to support recommendations on new features and applications relevant to the PHLCVB.
- Collect, interpret, and share key website performance metrics, and recommend improvements to ongoing digital marketing campaigns and overall website performance.
- Enhance the existing website to provide a better user experience and to support business needs.
- Provide website production support by identifying, tracking, and resolving technical issues.
- Integrate data from various back-end services, applications, and databases, potentially working with third party providers.
- Develop custom themes and plugins for WordPress websites.
Bachelor’s degree required, with 3+ years working with website content management systems and HTML. Candidates advancing to an interview will be asked to show previous website work via a portfolio and/or website of their own.
- Proven work experience as a Website Designer, Digital Media Specialist or comparable role.
- Skillful knowledge of WordPress, Photoshop, Adobe, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity, Google Platforms and/or other media editing software.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- General experience with and understanding of information architecture, Web usability, Web standards, and SEO standards and practices (required)
- General experience liaising and troubleshooting with technical IT resources (preferred)
- Experience with search engine optimization and development of mobile-responsive content a plus
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing deadlines and production schedules
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative spirit and ability to engage colleagues and leadership
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required by date of hire. Individuals may claim exemption for medical or religious reasons.
The PHLCVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek individuals of a diverse background and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.