As a Business Architect, you will be the project functional owner—the principal functional decision-maker on your projects. Drawing from your experience in ERP software delivery and FinTech experience relevant to the leasing industry, you will help the client define their business and technical vision surrounding their software implementation.
You’ll also be collaborating with and providing guidance to Senior Business Analysts and Business Analysts working on the project, and work alongside workstream leads including Quality Leads, Development Leads, Project Managers, and more.
Most importantly, you’ll be a key member of the larger organization which will enable you to speak your mind and facilitate your growth and success.
- Define project functional scope
- Manage coordination between offices to see functional requirements through to completion
- Use hands-on Accounting knowledge to assist the client in configuring the Odessa Platform to meet specific accounting needs
- Act as the client’s main point of contact for functional questions and support
- Lead team to draft and review project requirements
- Own the solutioning of custom requirements
- Plan and conduct business requirements sessions, client-facing Design Reviews, and Client Training
- Coordinate with Project Manager on project deliverables and functional concerns
- Participate and be a key contributor in Project Planning and tracking
- Assist client in planning and defining Migration scope and identify any migration requirements
- Mentor Senior Business Analysts and Business Analysts
- Contribute to delivery best practices
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience designing and/or implementing financial ERP software systems through the full project lifecycle from discovery/scoping through go-live as a Lead Business Analyst and/or Product Owner
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience or educational background in Accounting/Finance
- Experience working on multi-year software implementation projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and across multiple geographical locations and cultures
- Ability to gather and write complete, concise, and error-free requirements and/or user stories
- Expertise in producing and reviewing client-facing design documentation
- Strong Communication, Documentation, Organization, and Planning skills
- Working understanding of the data migration process
- Experience with issue and project tracking software
- Ability to travel at key points throughout the implementation process
- At least 5 years of experience working in the equipment leasing/asset finance industry
- Ability to make recommendations on design choices based on an understanding of multiple variables with a given set of processes
- Ability to engage in accounting-intensive discussions with clients
- Ability to resolve/diffuse conflict and be comfortable in tense situations
- Desire to improve the quality of both client-facing and internal documentation