At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.
As a Sr. UX Developer within PNC's Retail Lending Automated Solutions Group, you will be a member of a vibrant team of individuals collectively working on advanced analytics, machine learning, and application development for optimizing processes in Lending Technology. We build and deploy virtual assistants enabled with conversational AI and web applications.
The UX Developer Senior role is a hybrid position which provides flexibility to work both in the office and remotely and is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Certain job responsibilities may require time in the office on a regular basis.
Your work will enable our customers and the business to enjoy a seamless and natural experience with our technology, simplify and streamline processes, and improve cost performance. You will report to Head of Intelligent Automation and will be a part of a high-performing team of developers and data scientists dedicated to improving Retail Lending customer experience, profitability, and efficiency.
• Leverages understanding of activities, practices, deliverables, and considerations in user interface development to deliver the technical design and development of complex user interfaces.
• Delivers design and development specifications for user-friendly and effective graphics, page layouts, icons, objects, navigation, and templates. Participates in the coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of front-end development.
• Analyzes user experience on graphics, page layouts, icons, objects, navigation and templates. Maintains and upgrades interface functionalities for specific requirements, and actively participates in code and design review as needed.
• Participates in the business assessment and requirements analysis processes for the front-end development of graphical user interfaces. Facilitates the posting of data, programs, forms, HTML pages and graphic images for existing and new applications.
• Leverages modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in InvisionApp or Figma or Sketch for wireframing (Balsamiq)
• Ability to transform design mockups and wireframes into functional components
• Comfortable presenting work confidently to groups
• Know at least one CSS framework (Bootstrap, Semantic, Tailwind)
• Conduct user research and requirements gathering for new and existing products
• Familiarity with version control systems (Git)
• Experience with data visualization libraries (Google charts, D3.js etc)
• Experience with React.js framework
• Knowledge of the agile methodology
• Experience implementing user stories and writing unit tests
• Ability to interact directly with all levels of management
• Proven skills in project management, problem solving and decision-making
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
Solutions Development – Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
User Interface Design – Knowledge of activities, practices, deliverables and considerations; ability to design effective graphic user interfaces for delivery of information to the client's desktop workstation.
Web Application Technology – Knowledge and ability to design, develop, and support applications that are accessed over a network through a browser.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.