At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Software Services Manager Sr. within PNC's C&IB Innovations organization, it can be a remote position and can sit anywhere within the PNC footprint, except for Colorado, Hawaii or Alaska. There is limited expectation for regular in person, in office activities.
As part of C&IB Technical Innovation Team the candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Provide thought leadership to the team and business partners.
• Conceives innovative Financial and healthcare solutions.
• Makes pragmatic decisions as a leader and constantly evolves the solutions to meet the needs of the company.
• Contributes to the creation of business and technology roadmaps.
• Works with business owner and other business partner to develop Innovation solutions, pilot and launch strategic activities.
• Analyzes market and competitive data, supports collection of business requirements, business case and ROI analysis.
• Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver expected results.
• Leverage technical expertise to contribute to concept development and execution.
• Actively participate in innovation processes of the group and the company, including leading efforts to integrate technical expertise to the processes where appropriate. Work with departments and teams across the company to establish best practices around innovation processes, dependable concept hand-off and integrated project plans for utilizing expertise, information and functionality.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company to integrate innovation concepts into the business and ensure successful implementation and realization.
• Foster a culture of innovation and learning within the team and across the organization.
• Possess expert knowledge of multiple applications and function as the ultimate expert for application requirements in concept development.
• Provide leadership and expert level development solutions for the implementation of ideas from inception through the software development life cycle
• Lead teams that may include peer-level professionals, specialized technicians, contractors and employees in web and other advanced technologies including Blockchain and Machine learning/AI
• Engage in collaborative sessions with other team members to integrate technical development into concept development processes and workflows.
• Constantly monitor the "technical developer space" to identify new, relevant technical trends, techniques, tools, etc.
The following experience is preferred:
• Experience with design thinking or other innovation frameworks
• Experience with start-ups and incubator settings
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry-relevant experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. Proven leadership experience with a moderate to large scope of responsibility is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.