At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Infrastructure Engineer within PNC’s Mainframe Support Technology organization and positioned in the CICS Technical Services Team, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA or Cleveland OH. Remote/work from home candidates will also be considered. The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical and leadership experience, with a passion for process improvement, defining technology strategy, and an understanding of current technologies. Experience with CICS TS, MQ Series, CICS Transaction Gateway, and CICS Explorer is preferred.
As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will assist PNC service partners with problem resolution and follow up and perform simple and routine assignments that require basic knowledge of the specified support function. This role provides opportunities dealing with some of the latest technologies – CICSPlex, CICSPlex Systems Manager (CPSM), CICS Transaction Gateway, MQSeries z/OS Queue Sharing, and VSAM/RLS. PNC is committed to threading integrity, teamwork and customer focus through every aspect of our daily work and performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Installation and support for mainframe infrastructure software technologies that may include any of the following: CICS TS, CICSPlex Systems Manager, CICS Transaction Gateway, MQ Series, Mainview, CAFC, CICS Abend-Aid, ACF2 for CICS, Omegamon, CICS Interdependency Analyzer, and Intertest
• Perform customization tasks for CICS and related products. Perform CICS statistics analysis and subsequent tuning to maintain a stable CICS environment.
•Working knowledge of SMP/E , zOS concepts including JCL, COBOL, and Assembler
• Demonstrate strong skill levels in multiple skill areas, particularly those relevant to CICS.
• Ability to install, maintain and manage mainframe software supporting geographically dispersed data centers.
• Performing 2nd or 3rd level technical support for mainframe infrastructure software.
• Assist service partners in problem resolution. Follow-up and communicate unresolved problems
• Provide 24×7 oncall coverage on a rotational basis and general problem resolution support to our service partners.
• Assists in the configuration, design troubleshooting and remediation of complex environments.
• Work cooperatively with our peer mainframe technical support teams, application development teams, and their lines of business.
• Communicate effectively with service partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies. Continually define ways to increase service partner satisfaction and deepen partner relationships.
• As opportunities arise, plan, lead, design, and coordinate technology projects across multiple teams and across multiple organizational layers
• Perform job responsibilities in a manner consistent with corporate and technology risk management standards
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
• Effective time-management and prioritization skills
Additional Experience, Skills, Knowledge
• Experience in installing software using SMP/E
• Experience in Unix System Services
• Experience in zOS Connect
• Experience in Agile / Devops (Jenkins Build engine, GIT, Eclipse)
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
(C3) $55,000 to $142,600
Where a person is paid in the compensation range is aligned to their experience and skills. Placement within the compensation range is based on the specific role and the following factors:
– Lower in range –Building skills and experience in the job
– Within the range–Experience and skills align with proficiency in the role
– Higher in range –Experience and skills add value above typical requirements of the role
– Compensation Range may vary based on Geographic Location
Role is incentive eligible with the payment based upon company, business and individual performance.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.Apply Now
What types of opportunities exist for technologies at PNC?
Our Technology & Innovation line of business focuses on achieving a strategic advantage for PNC by partnering with business areas to develop innovative products and services.
Enterprise functions span security, including disciplines such as cybersecurity and fraud management, technology risk management, strategic services and infrastructure services. Our enterprise innovation function empowers a culture of innovation, employing design thinking practices, innovation incubators, API ecosystems and intelligent automation to deliver a differentiated customer experience.
What is Pittsburgh, PNC’s headquarters city, like?
Pittsburgh has become an incredible hub for technology and innovation. Being in the heart of the city, we are surrounded by world-class research universities and startups. The energy of the city, combined with the entrepreneurial spirit of its residents, make Pittsburgh a great place to live and work.
What are PNC’s tech goals?
Our customers increasingly prefer to use online, mobile and ATM channels to complete their financial transactions. To meet their expectations, we invest in new ideas and evolving technology. By driving innovation at a faster pace, we believe that we may fundamentally change the way banking is done.
Tell us about PNC’s values.
We have seven core values: customer focus, diversity and inclusion, integrity, performance, quality of life, respect and teamwork. No one value is more important than another; rather, they — together — represent who we are. Our values are critical to our success, and that of our employees, customers and the communities we serve.
What kinds of skills and qualities do you look for in job candidates?
We look for people with a solid, well-rounded understanding of technology. Not just what languages and frameworks do, but how they’re different and which one is more aligned to resolve a customer’s needs. We want to see that candidates understand how to assess quality and understand the logic behind what technology does and why that is important.
In terms of soft skills, we look for people who are excited to do a deep dive into technology, to truly understand the ins and outs of what they do. We want people who communicate clearly and work well with a team.
It’s also important that people are open to trying new things, embracing the lessons learned from what doesn’t work, and adapting to new plans quickly and with enthusiasm.
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.