Based in the Philadelphia area, Pinnacle 21 is a leader in clinical trial data software and services. Our vision is a clean data pipeline that ends in a successful regulatory submission. We’re an established startup that builds software to streamline the drug approval process, bringing life-saving medicines to patients faster. Pinnacle 21 is a certified Great Place to Work, and we’re looking for motivated talent. Come help us revolutionize clinical trials and streamline the drug approval process.
Work that matters | When good drugs get delayed to the market, it’s not just money that’s wasted. Every day we save gives that many more patients longer, healthier lives.
Work autonomously | Enjoy the freedom to develop your talents without being micromanaged. We’ll support you as you add to your skillset and grow to own multiple projects
Global footprint | We serve a diverse community of users from around the world. Our software is the industry standard for preparing clinical trial data for regulatory submission.
What you’ll be doing
As a Support Desk Specialist at Pinnacle 21, you are responsible for the delivery of high quality and timely responses to our customers and users. Under the direction of the Support Lead, you’ll collaborate closely with our internal teams to distribute issues and requests to appropriate resources for efficient resolution and drive a positive customer experience in each interaction with our Support Desk.
· Monitor, triage, and respond to all the tickets created internally and externally
· Follow through each ticket from creation to true resolution
· Advocate on behalf of customers to ensure their ideas and feedback are communicated and responded to accordingly
· Contribute to the management of the end-to-end support process and continue to find opportunities in order to improve customer experience
· Collaborate closely with other teams, i.e. Product Education, Customer Success, Implementation Management, QA, Sales, and Products to escalate when necessary
· Maintain the technical user knowledge center by documenting best practices
· Track, analyze, and report support metrics monthly to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
· Inform Products on feature ideas and help prioritize tickets
· Notify Product Education when customers consistently struggle in specific areas that Products cannot or not yet able to resolve
· Escalate to Customer Success Managers when there are potential risks
· Participate in new hire onboarding by educating upon Support Process and internal use of ticketing systems
· Monitor Support Forum(s) and inbox(es)
· Propose new FAQ/documentation content
· Pinnacle ID Issues: ID Creation for private emails, unblock/deleting stuck accounts
· Community Module support
· Create tickets for bug reports or reply with information regarding known issues
What we’re looking for
· Have strong experience with ticketing and CRM software such as JIRA
· Have ability to independently drive a positive customer experience by responding and resolving quickly to requests/issues
· Have strong communication and collaboration skills
· Be able to get things done efficiently
· Experience working within software development and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC method)
· Proven track record of developing and meeting/exceeding SLAs and Support Desk deliverables
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of technical issues
· Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and facilitation skills
· Detail-oriented, with exceptional follow-through and superior organizational skills
· Ability to communicate with technical teams (e.g. developers and engineers) effectively to drive effective issue resolution
· Experience in working on multi-client projects with competing priorities
· Prior experience within a growing software company
· Prior experience within the Life Sciences or Clinical Trials industry
· Specific experience with JIRA
A bit about us
As clinical trial data are collected and prepared for submission to a health authority, our platform ensures they comply with data standards and are ready for regulatory review. It’s used by the FDA, Japan’s PMDA, and global biopharmaceutical sponsors and clinical research organizations to validate clinical trial data. We empower the life sciences industry to ensure clinical data quality or “fitness,” enabling fast and smooth marketing approvals. In fact, it’s our platform that drives the FDA’s 21st Century Review Initiative.Apply Now
What are the benefits of working at a small company like Pinnacle 21?
You’ll be close to the founding team and catch our entrepreneurial energy. Joining us right as we hit a growth spurt means you’ll not only “do the work” but also direct and optimize our processes for doing so. (We don’t compromise our values, but our methods are malleable.) We’re a perfect place if you want ownership and are relentlessly resourceful. There’s massive impact still to be made.
What does Pinnacle 21 look for in prospective employees?
Our product roadmap is aggressive, and to accelerate it, we need a wave of talent. Our radar pings for people who bring positive energy with a “Yes, and…” attitude, who work smart and get it done. You’ll need to be autonomous and scrappy, since our full attention is on listening to users and writing good code. Meaning, we have zero interest in micromanaging you. We hire team players who contribute to our culture bottom-up, by giving each other earned praise and healthy critique.
What kind of tech skills do you expect candidates to have?
For Full-Stack Engineers: Java, JS, Play Framework, ReactJS, Redux, Postgres, AWS, and experience in Agile
For Subject Matter Experts: CDISC, SAS, custom data standards/specs, regulatory experience with the FDA/PMDA/NMPA, foreign language ability, and proven skills in consulting and thought leadership
How does Pinnacle 21 invest in employee growth and learning?
Our industry looks to us as a thought leader in clinical data standardization. That expectation hits you too, to be keeping (and setting) the pace for professional development. We support you with training courses, mentorship, and conference attendance. Also, our product roadmap assumes capabilities we haven’t yet mastered, so you’ll have no shortage of challenging projects and infrastructure to deepen your tech stack. As we grow, we’ll spend more time cross-training each other, so expect to teach others as part of your own learning path!
New jobs. Your inbox. Every week. Get it.