At Perpay, we believe that everyone deserves access to financial stability. Our team is dedicated to building simple, transparent, and inclusive financial products that challenge typical channels of credit and improve the lives of our members. Our core product helps traditionally underserved consumers significantly improve their credit simply by shopping for the things they want and need. Here are a few things we're especially excited about:
- We currently have over 4 million members
- Our average member credit score increase is 39 points!
- We’re supported by world-class partners like First Round Capital & JP Morgan
- We were ranked the 5th fastest-growing company in the country by INC Magazine (2019)
Our office, located in the heart of Philadelphia, is home to a talented & diverse group of people. Our team comes to work every day inspired to build life-changing products for our growing customer base and have fun while doing it. Join us as we transform the credit landscape.
This individual’s role will be to help improve upon and expand the current Data Engineering ecosystem at Perpay. With the near future launch of a credit card, we anticipate a rapidly increasing need for data engineering resources to meet the modeling, reporting, analytical requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to create a foundation of data engineering resource for this new product at Perpay. With the move towards a card product, data security and governance within our ecosystem will become of increasing importance, and this individual will be expected to contribute meaningfully to these initiatives.
Please note that this is not a remote opportunity.
- Design and implement data pipelines that produce reliable data for various data consumption use cases
- Help manage Marketing data platforms which include Iterable, Census and AWS Redshift.
- Manage aspects of dataset design, creation, and curation
- Build and own the automation and monitoring of frameworks that showcase reliable, accurate, easy to understand metrics and operational KPI's to stakeholders
- Considerably improve data pipeline quality and performance
- Drive design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production systems
- Be the SME for the data, pipeline design, and other related big data and programming technologies
- Proactively identify reliability and data quality problems and drive triaging and remediation processes
- Partner with data producers in understanding data sources, enable data contracts, and define the data models that drives analytics
- Evaluate various technologies and platforms (open source and proprietary)
- Execute proof of concepts on new technology and tools to pick the best tools and solutions
- Implement data governance practices such as metadata management, data lineage, and data catalogs
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- Minimum two years work experience in related field required
- Working knowledge of data design, architecture and warehousing
- Understanding of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and cloud computing (AWS or GCP)
- Understanding and administration of AWS, Docker and Linux-based systems
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in large scale data processing using traditional and distributed systems with tools like Airflow, Spark, EMR/Athena, or similar
- Strong working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, relational databases and Python is required (2+ years experience)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary + equity
- 401k with company match
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- Cell phone plan
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- A scale-up environment with cross-functional exposure
- Immersion into dynamic fields of e-commerce & fintech
- Brand new office with comfortable work/lounge spaces and a pleasant riverfront setting
- “Teach me” sessions where we learn share personal knowledge & learn from others (work-related or not!)
- Espresso bar, full kitchen, weekly catered lunches, snacks, beverages, & everyday lunch essentials
- Optional work from home (WFH) up to 4 weeks per year (based on level)
- Pre-tax Public transportation benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don’t work with recruiters - please contact us or apply directly.