Optimization and Reach Manager (‘SEO Manager’)
Marketing / Social
Philadelphia Media Network is seeking a Search Engine Optimization (“SEO”) for our electric and fast-paced media headquarters, located at 801 Market Street in Center City Philadelphia. This role plays a lead role on SEO initiatives for all Philadelphia Media Network properties. He/she will drive, jointly create and oversee the search engine optimization strategy to maximize traffic and grow audience across digital properties.
- Develop and own search growth strategy, train editors on effective use of SEO tactics.
- Works with newsroom to optimize all content for search engines and manages SEO Campaigns (Key Metric: Search Engine Impressions & Arrivals).
- Initiates and maintains relationships with numerous media outlets and their websites by both monitoring their content and making frequent contribution, links, etc (Key Metric: External Inbound Links, Arrivals from Other Websites).
- Act as the SEO subject matter expert for topics including: on-page, SEO, technical SEO, accessibility and link building. Hands-on SEO-ing and formatting of stories when needed.
- Identify growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark website performance against competitors.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Development to create requirements that achieve SEO goals.
- Work with audience development, editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO via content creation and social media.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Manage PPC campaigns.
- Design experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Prepare periodic SEO audits to ensure ongoing adherence to SEO guidelines. Monitor SEO trends and stay up-to-date on best practices.
- Help build and improve internal SEO processes.
Key Result Areas:
- Grow organic search traffic for all digital properties.
- Generate recommendations for optimizing site architecture, optimizing URL structures and patterns for maximized indexing and keyword relevancy.
- Track and report progress against competitors via SEO initiatives.
- Adept at headlines, URLs, evergreen planning and breaking news.
- Goal driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Enthusiastic attitude to all parties and a deep desire to manage by the numbers.
- 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role, prior experience in media a plus
- Hands-on experience with web analytic tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture, Parseley, etc)
- Skilled with Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4-year college degree in marketing, computer science, journalism or related field or equivalent experience with strong skills in computing, logic and analysis.
Philadelphia Media Network, Inc. (PMN) is the region’s largest media network and parent company of the region’s number one destination website for anything and everything Philly, philly.com. PMN publishes the region’s largest newspaper network – that includes the Pulitzer Prize-winning Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News — and is focused on integrating its brand platforms with the goal of serving as a technological leader and innovator in the digital future. The Philadelphia Media Network reaches an average weekly audience of 1.8 million adults – more than the combination of the three evening television news shows or the combination of those radio stations ranked in the top ten during drive-time programming.
Respect Trust Honesty Communication
Apply for this job
To apply, please email your resume via the 'Apply Now' button below. The email's subject line should read as follows: Your name - SEO Manager Applicant.
Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!