There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
We are looking for an experienced, transformational leader to join our Client Experience team in our Individual Investors organization. The Director of Self-Service will play a critical leadership role with responsibility for setting the strategy, priorities, and leading the change required to create industry leading self-service experience. The ideal candidate has led large-scale digital transformation efforts, has a track record creating digital products and experiences at scale, brings deep expertise leading cross-functional teams, driving innovation, and improving client experience.
Why join the Individual Investors Client Experience Team?
The Individual Investors organization is on a mission to help investors reach their financial goals and deliver industry-leading client experiences. As we embark on the digital transformation needed to achieve this vision, we are growing our leadership team in the Client Experience group. The Client Experience team drives innovation and change primarily through our B2C digital products and platforms and partners closely with our engineering, design, and other stakeholders across the organization to maximize impact and achieve client and business results. This position will report to the Head of Client Experience.
- Creates and leads the self-service strategy for the organization by leveraging input from clients, associates, and other stakeholders. Distills the strategy into near-term and long-term objectives, monitors execution, market changes, and stakeholder needs
- Partners closely with leadership across business units and disciplines to ensure that appropriate strategy and capabilities are in place to deliver on the agreed business initiatives and requirements. Recommends adjustments to meet changing needs that optimize benefits, costs, speed, and quality of delivery.
- Leads a high-performing organization of 8+ agile development teams by providing leadership, coaching, development, and support. Where applicable, manages vendors for prioritization, planning and execution of initiatives, ensuring alignment with business objectives
- Success will generally be measured by simplifying and improving client experience, delivering new self-service capabilities that reduce operational complexity and costs for clients and the business. Responsible for the quality, resiliency and performance of all software solutions developed
- Drives initiatives from ideation to implementation to maximize team productivity, quality, and velocity to achieve intended objectives. Enhances and promotes best practice product delivery frameworks to enable capabilities and improvements within scope, schedule, and budget commitments
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage
- BA or BS degree in an applicable field such as engineering, computer science and relevant work experiences AND
- 10+ years of experience in application/software development and delivery
- Demonstrated track record leading complex, digital transformation programs
- Strong knowledge of technology infrastructures, digital ecosystems, and platforms (specifically Salesforce, Adobe, and Amazon)
- An ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving; ability to think strategically
- Experience developing complex business cases
- History working with vendor partners and consultancies in the development and execution of business strategies
- MBA, or other industry recognized accreditation (CFP, CIMA, CPA)
- Experience in the financial services industry
- CSPO®, CSM®, SAFe® certified
- Established industry network
FINRA licenses are not required for this role and will not be supported.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.