Baltimore, D.C., Philadelphia
Operations Associates are the backbone of the operations – not only do they get gifts out the door, but they’re up-close and hands-on with each one. Working with the Operations Lead, you’ll #SendHappy every day, ensuring on-time preparation so every step of the delivery process goes smoothly.
What You’ll Do
- Gets gifts out the door – you’ll prepare and package orders, taking care to make sure the specifications of every gift is fully met.
- Directly own product quality in the Fulfillment Center – if it’s redressing floral arrangements or pulling stems so only those blooms that meet our standards, you have the green thumb and the keen eye for detail to do this.
- With the Operations Lead and General Manager, manage physical inventory.
- You’re responsible for your Fulfillment Center’s mise en place – you’ll set the scene for the next hour, the next day, and the next week.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to cool temperatures (walk-in refrigeration unit).
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders. Repetitive use of hands.
- Must be proficient with office technology (printer, computer, internet browsers, software, etc)
- Punctual attendance is critical. Your timely, reliable and regular attendance is required.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work, as required. Must be able to work in a high-paced fulfillment center environment with strict deadlines.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Although our operating hours vary market to market, we typically operate between 7am and 9pm. You must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
UrbanStems is an on-demand flower delivery service that was created to make gifting fun and easy. We offer fresh, seasonal bouquets starting at just $35, with personal touches like a note from the sender and free two-hour delivery by bike messenger. We currently deliver in New York City (Most of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and parts of Long Island), the Washington, DC Metro Area (most areas within the Beltway), Baltimore, and Philadelphia.
Apply for this job
Send your resume and a paragraph telling us about your best customer service experiences to email@example.com. Subject line: Operations Associate, [city]
Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!