The Business Development Associate for the Target Market consisting of U.S. and Canada oversees the management of sales activities, primarily prospecting for new customers, moving new prospects through the pipeline and transferring knowledge and ownership of prospects to the Business Development Manager and/or SVP Sales at the point that Prospects develop into Opportunities. The Business Development Associate applies industry knowledge to achieve sales objectives, identify trends, and provide insight and analysis to sales-related decisions.
- Manufacture opportunities with potential clients that are not actively looking or expressing satisfaction with current vendor.
- Independently respond to inquiries, pre-screen and prioritize according to fit with Odessa strike zone.
- Work independently and build strong relationships based on trust and confidence by demonstrating knowledge of industry and Odessa capabilities.
- Drive conversion of potential clients from Prospect Pipeline to Opportunity Pipeline.
- Maintain detailed and actionable notes on key developments during attendance at presentations and demonstrations. Uses this to help Sales and Pre-sales direct its decisions and strategies and to meaningfully contribute to the knowledge transfer process to Delivery.
- Ensures outstanding customer experience. This means that we have catered to their needs and concerns on a timely basis and comprehensively. The customer has experienced Odessa as a company that is professional, industry-knowledgeable and has deep and unparalleled product and business experience at every level.
- Using industry best practices, manages the full proposal life-cycle, looking for ways to improve it and to make it more efficient.
- Leads the contracts negotiation process from a business perspective and directs legal resources as needed to ensure terms and conditions that are favorable to the company.
Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant experience in a technical/software sales role
- Well-rounded experience using SalesForce
- Experience working in a fast paced, autonomous environment
- A track record of successfully learning and speaking to details of a company’s technology
- Ability to understand a a company’s technology and technology road map in comparison to competitors
- An understanding of various software implementation models and methodologies
- Familiarity collaborating with and informing adjacent groups such as delivery and product