About Oat Foundry
Oat Foundry is an award-winning agency and design firm of engineers that design and build all kinds of cool stuff for brands and companies. Electromechanical stuff. Measurable and Interactive Stuff. Cool Stuff. Our engineering team creates products and installations in our design, prototyping, and manufacturing facility – all under one roof in Philadelphia’s Frankford Arsenal. This is a relaxed, small company atmosphere with strong growth and ample room for advancement for those driven and willing to take on more responsibility.
About the Opportunity
Since we were founded nearly 8 years ago, we’ve become known for building cool stuff. That expertise led to us being asked to create white label machines, develop awesome automation technology, and create cool products like our Split Flap displays. This “Build Cool Stuff” approach was a sleeper success – now we’re looking for a strategic-yet-creative brand marketing leader to help us grow without losing our footing. This role will develop and lead strategy for customer acquisition via paid and organic channels, including social, email, search, affiliate, influencer, and Youtube content.
This is a collaborative role in a leadership position, working with Oat Foundry Engineering, Sales, and Operations teams and planning strategy with the CEO. This position is based in Philadelphia at Oat Foundry’s HQ. The key responsibility of this role is to develop a deep and regularly refreshed understanding of our customers, their needs, and how we can best connect with and serve them for current and future products.
COMPENSATION & EMPLOYMENT STATUS
This position is full time, at-will and comes with a salary and benefits including unlimited PTO, Health Care, 401(k), Training & Education Credits, Parental Leave, Profit Sharing, and more.
- Leading and developing the Oat Foundry Marketing Team by bringing an analytical mindset to develop expansion targets, team growth goals, and timelines
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to establish growth and awareness goals and manage the overall marketing and advertising budget.
- Create and direct a cohesive marketing strategy to accomplish objectives for current and future Oat Foundry Projects including, but not limited to:
- Growing brand awareness in page views and leads for our Split Flap, Picture Flap, and Product Development services
- Build an audience. (Current outlets are to grow subscribers and followers on Youtube and Instagram, respectively)
- Initiate, track, and test multiple demand generation campaigns to support Oat Foundry product development, business development and sales development goals including, but not limited to the following channels: All digital advertising, including Facebook, Instagram, AdWords, LinkedIn, and Pinterest; Pop-ups, Events, and Trade Shows; Oat Foundry FIREWIRE Digital / Physical Events; The Goat Factory Podcast
- Report on ROI for campaigns in post mortems, and in quarterly summaries.
- Lead the team to optimize the Oat Foundry WordPress website including A/B testing and approving copy and content and routinely creating and sunsetting pages based on customer experience and feedback.
USEFUL SKILLS & ALIGNED VALUES INCLUDE:
- 5 years in B2B Marketing, preference for experience with media relations
- Excellent copy editor / copywriter
- Hubspot CRM proficiency
- Google AdWords proficiency
- Social Media Ad Platforms (Pinterest / IG / FB / YT) proficiency
- Highly Organized
- Attention to detail
- This is a job for someone who wants to make an impact. You’ll join a nimble company and directly influence how it grows.
- A person-first group – our mission is to create a system for manifesting ideas and project our skill, creativity, and energy.
- A radically canderous [sic] group. We have a non-negotiable no jerks policy. Being nice is free.
- A masterclass in healthy entrepreneurialism. You’ll be working with entrepreneurs who have a track record of building and shipping physical products all over the world. We know it’s possible to build an impactful business and make real-customer impact at the same time, without burning yourself out.