LiveLike is looking to bring on a Senior iOS Engineer to be the iOS Guru for our team. This person will architect the initial frameworks for our iOS apps and function as a tech lead for all aspects of iOS native development.
LiveLike is looking to bring on a Senior iOS Engineer to be the iOS Guru for our team. This person will architect the initial frameworks for our iOS apps and function as a tech lead for all aspects of iOS native development. At LiveLike you will help create software products that are cutting edge, easy to use, and that make an appreciated and notable difference in our customers daily lives. There is a strong emphasis on writing highly reliable and maintainable code for the long-run. We add new features regularly, refactor constantly, and rewrite when necessary. We trust our developers and make sure they have the tools they need and resources to continuously learn.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience writing, publishing (in app stores), and supporting iOS apps that utilize proprietary and public (e.g. AWS) web services. Knowledge of the latest platform-specific visual design principles, the latest API capabilities and frameworks, and app store guidelines is essential.
Come help us build the future of LiveLike!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Pioneering iOS Development : Lead the iOS team building our native immersive social live sports SDKs & app platform from scratch. Take technical ownership of estimate, planning, and execute on projects, feature and integrations
- Innovating: Working on cutting-edge technologies to create never before seen experiences like multi-user video synchronization, 180/360 video interactivity, custom social sports experiences and more.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with our product and business teams to roll out new products, features and services, as well as collecting user feedback and iterating on existing ones
- Team Player: Works great in a team and commands respect of his/her peers. Willing to school our experienced team on every aspect of iOS
- Learning: We want you to come in with the skills necessary to do the work. That’s a given. What you’ll also be doing though is learning about other aspects of our very complex product. From scaling synchronized live streamed video to building quality VoIP experiences.
- Building Tools: Efficiency is the name of the game. Being efficient means creating tools and processes that our QA team can use to make life easier without compromising quality. Sounds easy right?
- Scaling: Today we’re working with several clients internationally and will need to ensure that our platform can scale to meet the needs of dozens more. That means utilizing your experience with solid architecture & design principles to ensure the platform scales well as it grows.
- Process: You will help guide Agile teams with open communication channels, regular releases, and a focus on continuous improvement, ensuring that everyone in the teams follow all agreed processes, standards and designs
Our Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience developing iOS Applications and Libraries
- Must be a main developer of at least one published mobile apps and have hands-on experience on every step of mobile development from conception to publish
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- Enthusiastic about all things UIKit, including mastery of custom tables and collections using Auto Layout
- Knowing how to work with common iOS frameworks, including Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Experience developing with AVFoundation and knowledge of how to extend AVPlayer
- Strong understanding of MVC and other common design patterns
- Solid experience with HTTP and secure client/server communication
- Hands-on work experience developing and maintaining a large-scale production application
- Proficiency in unit and integration testing
- Passion for User-facing Products and/or Sports
- Experience working on distributed multi-user services like chat and VoIP.
- Experience working with video streaming (although less important since we have domain knowledge in-house).
- Able to make the right tradeoffs to achieve business value. Avoids extremes of over-architecting or hacking last-minute solutions.
- Designed/architected iOS apps to perform at scale.
- Able to implement best practices across the mobile development org.
- Knowledge on how to integrate with social media platforms
What Would Be Cool
- You’ve built apps that involve real-time communications
- You’ve had experience with dependency management using Carthage, CocoaPods, and/or Swift Package Manager
- You’ve got experience with SceneKit and Sprite Kit
- You’ve got experience getting down and dirty with video streaming
- Your personal Github page is full of cool projects you wanna share with us
- You’ve had experience with Android or other platforms
- You’ve got a strong sense of personal drive and when tasked to solve something tricky will move forward at full force
- You’re some kind of fancy chef and you wanna cook us food
What We Offer
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick day policy
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Relocation package
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- Yearly sporting events & VR stipend
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.