Linode is looking for Software Engineers to help us build public facing APIs and open source single page apps used by customers like Dark Sky, The Onion and hundreds of thousands of developers like you around the world. These systems are used to manage hundreds of thousands of Linodes running on thousands of servers in our global datacenter network.
If that sounds exciting to you, then Linode may be the place for you.
You will be responsible for projects, right from the concept phase and all the way to production deployment and beyond. Our work environment fosters innovative solutions, rapid development cycles and open communication. Because our core technologies are Linux based, we’re looking for developers with strong familiarity with Linux systems.
We’re a closely knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence. If you enjoy working on ambitious projects that have a big impact, you’ll enjoy working at Linode!
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn others
- Python, pip, virtualenv, pytest, Flask, SQLAlchemy
- HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Bootstrap
- Perl, C, Bash
- Debian architecture and packaging, Linux Virtualization and Containers, QEMU
- Git, Jenkins, Salt, Nginx, uWSGI
The must haves:
- 3+ years experience in software development
- A Love for Linux
- Educated views on technology and software design to bring to the table
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Ability to work in an agile organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Presence in the open-source world. Contributions to open source projects as well as your own portfolio to show off is a huge plus
- Experience in a hosting environment or other cloud-based IAAS or SAAS
- Systems Architecture and Design Skills
- API Design experience
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Build and Deployment Automation Experience
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours:We offer a few work from home days per week, flexible start times, and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service – we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global data centers. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us – and themselves – at the top.