Linode is working to simplify the way people work in the cloud. Founded in 2003, Linode helped pioneer the cloud computing industry and is today the largest independent open cloud provider in the world. Today, we host hundreds of thousands of virtual machines and petabytes of data for more than a million developers, startups, and businesses across our global network of 11 data centers. our customers around the world.
As Linode continues to accelerate its growth, we are seeking a technically adept product manager to be a catalyst for our customers’ success by maturing the products that we have and bringing to life the ones that they need. In order to do this, we need to better establish a foundation for product management and implement a new way of thinking for customer engagement. We need a leader that can affect change, cut through road blocks, and act with urgency so that we can get to market with the best product – first time right.
This is a foundational role which requires an entrepreneurial individual to define how the role and its responsibilities best fits into Linode’s ecosystem. Our ideal candidate possesses knowledge of the cloud computing industry and its associated technologies, as well as how customers utilize our services. This role will be focused on Linode’s compute and storage products including our shared and dedicated servers, block and object storage, and various other products.
- Help us solidify our vision, define and develop our compute and storage product roadmap, and coordinate efforts from multiple parties and disciplines.
- Be the subject matter expert for compute and storage in the company and across the competitive landscape
- Define and lead the product life cycle from beginning to end. You’ll be required to:
- Work with the CTO and CEO to align with the overall vision and strategy
- Coordinate with project management to lead the product development process from roadmap development, resource planning, and timey delivery
- Monitor product development as they build, test, and launch products.
- Draft and deliver Product Requirement Documentation (PRD’s) that align with the product roadmap
- Be a strong voice for the customer’s needs and process inbound ideas and feature requests;
- Manage prioritization of current and backlogged items, carefully measuring customer experience, revenue, and engineering investments
- Drive go-to-market planning and execution with Marketing, Sales, and Success teams
- Provide leadership across the organization to ensure that the product vision is well understood and that deliverables are clearly defined and executed against
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- 3+ years minimum experience working as a product manager in the cloud computing (or related technology) field
- Previously demonstrated ability to lead complex products through launch while handling a large number of moving pieces
- Technical background with experience in virtualization, cloud compute, and storage technologies
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to teammates with varying degrees of technical experience and understanding
- Ability to understand organizational dynamics, influence stakeholders, and create consensus on contentious and big ideas
- Ability to line up the impact of your communication with your intention
- Strong track record dealing with ambiguity and driving clarity
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without any direct managerial authority over those teams
Outlined below are skills and technologies used by some of our teams. We don’t expect you to have experience with all of these, but rather want to set proper expectations and find a talented individual who understands the concepts of these (and similar) technologies and can bring new ideas to the table through technical influence:
- Operating System: Linux, preferably Debian derived distributions
- Programming Languages: Python, Golang, Bash, ColdFusion
- Infrastructure as Code: Docker, Kubernetes, SaltStack, Vault, Terraform
- ORM & Tools: SQLAlchamy, Flask, Django, unit testing
- DevOps Tools: General CI/CD and related principles
- Version Control: Git
- Database: SQL
- Tech Fundamentals: understanding of basic networking and system administration
Work With Us
- Headquartered in one of the coolest buildings in Philadelphia, Linode has plenty of inviting office space to work from, plus remote work options for most positions.
- Work/Life Balance: We have flexible work hours, remote work options, and a very generous paid time off package including volunteer time off and even a paid day off on your birthday!
- Your health matters: We cover up to 90% of medical premiums plus pay for 100% of out of pocket costs that insurance doesn’t take care of.
- Retirement benefits: Linode provides a range of retirement benefits including contributions to your 401k plan, a generous profit sharing plan, and a pension plan.
- Your family is important to us! Employees may benefit from fully paid parental leave, company sponsored 529(c) savings plans, and family-friendly company events.
- Our benefits to support your wellbeing include fully paid access to online mental wellness programs through AbleTo for you and your family, $100 monthly wellness reimbursements, as well as a robust EAP (employee assistance plan) offering
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile. The compensation range for this position is between $100,000 to $130,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary could vary outside of this range based on your specific skills and experience. Employees may also qualify for a bonus on top of base salary depending on company and individual performance.
- Take a look at our careers site for a full listing of benefits: https://www.linode.com/company/careers/benefits/
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.