User Experience Design is a critical function on the product development team. Lead User Experience Designers at Yodle are ultimately responsible for translating business strategy into the design for the companys products and customer experiences. They connect with a diversely-skilled, cross-functional team to deliver products that directly address customers needs and meet the companys business objectives. They are closely partnered with Product Management, Engineering, Front End Development, Marketing, Visual Design, and others.
Through their pivotal role in product research and development, product designers develop a deep understanding and empathy with corporate brand owners, local services businesses and entrepreneurs. Designers study our customers behaviors and transform them into web and mobile platform experiences that are both highly functional and intuitive. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of user experience design for consumer products and will thrive in a highly innovative, cross-disciplinary environment.
* Owns the design process from product ideation, to flows, to wireframes, to prototypes, to user testing, etc.
* Applies an understanding of product strategy, performance analytics and KPIs to monitor product performance and guide product design evolution
* Explores new ways of communicating product design concepts and supporting information to product stakeholders (design sprints, story mapping, etc.)
* Is a core contributor to the product discovery process and assists in validating product ideas, strategies and designs
* Applies best practices from the field of user experience and user research
* Performs user research and customer discovery, such as interviews, observation sessions, and user tests, etc.
* Synthesizes and shares their research to stakeholders and team
* Supports their assigned product development team on achievement of agile sprint goals, working closely with Product Managers and Scrum Masters to prepare designs for development
* Incorporates learning from their research into product designs
* Collaborates and critiques with fellow designers to ensure that the very best work possible is being released into the market
* Demonstrates design thought leadership and mentors other designers
* Thinks about the full context of the user experience including business challenges, user needs, and technological capabilities
* Has proven experience working directly with internal or external clients to understand business needs, facilitate feedback and present work
* Has led small diverse design teams on projects, features, etc.
* Determines UX strategy for projects that aligns to business goals and user needs * Capable of technically mentoring associate and mid-level product design team members in specific areas of strength within design
* Has experience successfully executing in environments that focus on customer behavior, conversion, renewal, subscription, etc.
* Uses Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite or similar and is comfortable with HTML and CSS
* Understands fundamentals of visual design, data visualization, and brand strategy and can work well with a variety of marketing and business strategy professionals
* Prior experience working with design sprints, and agile software development process is a plus Minimum Experience Required:
* 5+ years of experience in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, or related fields, designing for web and/or mobile