As a Lead Software QA Engineer at CSC you will drive Quality Assurance services for CSC internal and external applications & products. The Quality Assurance subject matter expert, as part of the CLS Engineering Services team, is expected to provide software testing guidance both internal to ES team members, and out to other CLS application teams and projects. The Engineering Services team is positioned as the central stewards of Quality, Performance, Security, Automation, Monitoring, and Reporting – enabling CLS teams to benefit from continuous improvement of team ability to deliver software solutions with an emphasis on quality and speed to market.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Defining, driving, and governing testing and quality strategy for business-wide projects and initiatives.
- Providing the quality perspective of large scale project plans which span multiple teams and business units.
- Coordination of testing which spans multiple teams and business units, with respect to large software releases, technical upgrade projects, and production incidents as necessary.
- Designing, implementing, documenting, maturing, and governing standardized quality assurance practices for the business unit.
- Mentoring quality assurance team members across the business unit’s development teams, both in group and one-on-one settings.
- Performing impact and cost/value analysis on process improvements, tool evaluations, and other quality maturity efforts.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- 7+ years Quality Assurance experience or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Information Systems or related discipline.
- Applied subject matter expertise stretching across all aspects of quality assurance and test methodology, especially Functional, Usability, Reliability, Performance, Supportability.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous delivery, automation, performance, security, monitoring and reporting is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical senior management and line staff are a requirement.
- Technical depth spanning multiple application architectures and technology stacks, especially microservice based Java or .NET technology stacks .
- Experience working both within the Agile/Scrum development methodology and with large scale iterative development projects
- Experience leading testing/quality efforts across multiple teams and projects is a plus.
Why Join Us?
At CSC®, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 10 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It’s an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world’s leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.