As a Software Engineer at KickUp, you will build the systems that empower teacher growth through data.
- You will work with a diverse group of engineers, designers, and client success managers, finding new ways to track, plan, and reflect on professional learning.
- You will own feature development through the whole software lifecycle — from spec to development to QA to release
- You will sharpen your skills as a full-stack developer, getting to work in every part of our stack, from dev-ops through our design system
- You will work with the rest of the engineering team to evolve our best practices and bring new technologies and knowledge into our stack
Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years of professional building web apps and supporting them in production
- 1-2 years of professional experience with React, Angular, or Vue
- 1-2 years of professional experience with a server-side web framework (such as Django, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Laravel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas in clear and simple language
- Ability to write code that is robust, reusable, and testable
- Experience with Docker, Celery, Amazon ECS, or Redux is a plus
Bring Your Whole Self:
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We’re building a product that improves the way all teachers and all students are supported, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the users we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring new perspectives and who will challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
Why you should join KickUp:
Our mission is to meaningfully engage educators in professional growth. Education is in our team’s DNA, and study after study demonstrates that educators have the single greatest impact on student learning. KickUp exists to help districts grow their teachers through high-quality professional learning and well-coordinated improvement efforts, and your work at KickUp will lead to system-level change in education.
Our team is humble and sharp, with a unique blend of both mission driven and business smart qualities. Because we offer our clients both software and services, we’re able to build deep relationships and garner deep insight into the needs of our users in order to be a highly user-focused team. We work closely together to share learnings, solve cross-team problems, and maintain a cohesive, small-team feel and community spirit as we grow our organization.
- At KickUp, one of our core values is Balanced Hustle. We believe in flexibility and the importance of recharging—and as a result, offer an unlimited PTO policy. Most of our employees average between 15-18 PTO days per year in addition to 10 paid company holidays.
- We offer flexibility to accommodate daily work preferences by providing options for remote work or varied work hours.
- We offer competitive salaries, stock options in our growing company, and a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- We provide opportunities for professional growth and offer individual stipends for professional learning opportunities
- Our offices are conveniently located in Old City, Philadelphia with easy accessibility to public transportation, restaurants, and green space.