Posted on October 30, 2018
CTO/Technical Co-Founder/Lead Developer
IsItGood is the recent grand prize winner of $125,000 in seed funding from the Accelerate Baltimore 2018 program and is looking to make its first full-time hire for a CTO/Lead Developer. You will have the unique opportunity to join a promising startup on the rise with an exciting product, funding, momentum, and proven Founder/CEO.
Podcasts are the fastest-growing entertainment medium in the world, yet most listeners still hear about podcasts through word-of-mouth through their limited social circle. There is no solution along the lines of a Goodreads, Rotten Tomatoes, or Netflix. 124 million listeners have no way to connect with one another or get personalized recommendations from 550,000 podcasts and counting.
We are going to change that.
Who you are:
- Game changer. This is not just another job. We are going to change the way that millions of people consume podcasts and interact with each other.
- Talented developer. You have significant hands-on development experience building technical projects and getting things done to completion.
- Fast learner. Haven’t delved into React Native or handled all facets of a full-stack project before? That’s okay, you have no problem rolling up your sleeves to get up to speed quickly.
- Self-starter. You won’t be handed a list of tasks. You will own all facets of product development and be able to make executive decisions that control the destiny of the company alongside the CEO based on the high-level goals of the company.
- Expert multitasker. Priorities may change at a moment’s notice, but you can keep up with a long list of tasks to get to the highest priority at the moment.
- Dynamic. As the company grows quickly, so too will the role. The ideal candidate can shift quickly and potentially lead the growth of the development team.
- Podcast connoisseur. While not a dealbreaker, hopefully it goes without saying that it would be pretty cool if you were a podcast fan yourself. You will need to be passionate about what we are building.
What you will do:
- You will take over lead development of the product, including iOS and Android (React Native) apps that are currently live in private beta, a (React) desktop/mobile web prototype, and (Node/PostgreSQL) back-end API. You will still have the support of contract developers and CEO who have built the product up until this point, but you will drive the ship going forward.
- Work directly with the CEO to prioritize product features, set and be responsible for product milestones, and address bugs/issues along the way.
- Lead a team of existing contract developers and soon potentially recruiting and managing a team of in-house developers as we grow.
- Be a pivotal part of the core team responsible for the success of improving the way people find and interact with podcasts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in web, app, and/or full-stack development
- Track record of building creative technical solutions to problems and leading projects to completion
- Previous early-stage startup experience strongly preferred
What we are offering:
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join an early-stage startup with a proven CEO, product, funding, and momentum at a key time of growth.
- The ability to completely transform an entire entertainment medium.
- A modest but livable salary based on experience with founder-stage equity stake in the company and potential for significant raises, bonuses, and growth potential based on further fundraising and performance.
IsItGood is the social community and discovery platform for podcasts. It allows users to keep up with what their friends are listening to, more easily share and engage with podcasts, and get personalized recommendations for what to listen to next.
Apply for this job Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!