The complexity of IoT use cases and the dynamic nature of IoT across industries results in the need for enterprises to establish a flexible IoT Platform that can be cross subsidized across various business units. This gives developers the ability to accelerate IoT application development and help solve business challenges in a much shorter time frame.
At Stanley Black and Decker we have an amazing opportunity to be part of the Digital Accelerator team in Atlanta, GA or Towson, Maryland and help develop a cloud based IoT Application Enablement Platform that will serve to be the core foundational IoT platform for their Global business units.
Essential Job Functions:
The IoT Digital Architect is responsible for defining and supporting the Internet of Things platform and the Digital Architecture that enable innovative new business initiatives. Specific duties will include:
- Establish a standard Internet of Things platform that can be used to quickly iterate and deliver connected products and solutions to the marketplace.
- Be the trusted technical advisor to the Director of IoT platform and Digital Architecture
- Own the architecture function within the Digital Accelerator and ensure that appropriate architecture standards and rhythms are successfully introduced and managed across the SW engineering teams.
- Partner with the other SW architects to ensure high quality and standard approaches are employed across development projects.
- Report out and negotiate resolutions to architectural governance findings on a recurring basis.
- Assist in the recruitment of a the IoT SW development team.
- Learn & stay current on Internet of Things developments and Digital Architectures.
- Enterprise Architecture
- Software Development
- Digital / IoT Platforms
- Strong Communication
- Consensus Building
Experience and Skills:
- BS and / or MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Electrical and Computer Engineering is preferred.
- Experience and Ability to rapidly proto-type new applications on SBD’s IoT Platform.
- Good understanding of the full stack to develop IoT applications in a short time frame.
- Strong leadership and Communication skills to lead a team of developers and SW engineers.
- Experience in leading team of developers and SW engineers and ability to enforce architecture to help provide governance and cadence to SW development initiatives.
- 5+ years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development.
- 5+ years of experience with design and implementation of distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and programming languages. Familiarity with IoT Technologies, Standards and Protocols.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud architecture, and cloud infrastructure architecture preferably with AWS.
- Experience or familiarity with mobile application development in Android and/or iOS.
- Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing system interfaces using REST API including knowledge of XML/JSON, and HTML/CSS.
Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drivecutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes.Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.