In-office locations: Santa Monica, CA, USA and Philadelphia, PA, USA. Remote location(s): United States.
As a certified B Corp, our mission is truly woven into the fabric of what we do. As you grow professionally, you are doing good for the planet by helping us to transform the way consumers access clean energy and accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future. Our rapidly growing Analytics team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet. The Senior Analyst role on the Analytics team is a high-impact, technical analytical resource within a centralized analytics team. We’re looking for someone who will support multiple areas of the business with a particular focus on customer value (LTV) analytics and Sales team support. The Senior Analyst will drive value through reporting, insight generation, data QA, and documentation as we expand our operating model, sales channels, and footprint. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all reporting takes advantage of best-in-class KPIs and will be proactive in identifying Inspire’s opportunity areas through their intimate familiarity with the data. Here's how you'll help:
Some Year 1 Deliverables:
- Building and Maintaining Reporting, including automated reporting that is delivered to stakeholders and dashboards that enable self-serve insights.
- Provide Data-Driven Strategic Recommendations to the business
- Data Design and QA of prototypes that are cutting edge and used to answer new and important questions for business users through ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Process & Prioritization will be key for this role as they must communicate status updates and work on the most critical problems for the org as defined by a priority ranking system.
- Building Documentation in order to capture best practices and improve ease-of-access to actionable data across the organization
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Assume primary ownership of key sales dashboards in order to maintain quality and expedite enhancements.
- Design prototypes of new operating model KPI data sets and assist productionalizing them to become the single source of truth (SSOT) for KPI methodology and reporting accuracy.
- Collaborate on recurring analyses and data driven recommendations for sales, commercial strategy, and pricing
- Development of a comprehensive documentation suite that standardizes the terminology and methodology for Inspire’s Key Performance Indicators. This documentation would also describe the dashboards available to view these KPIs and measure the business.
- Must Have
- 3-4 years of work experience in Analytics or equivalent Advanced Analytics role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Accounting or Quantitative/Technical major
- Skilled with SQL (ex: Snowflake) and database table design - able to read/write structured and efficient queries against large data sets.
- Power user of business intelligence tools (ex: Tableau) for data visualization and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills working cross functionally to align on priorities and timelines as work is performed.
- Team oriented with a high level of intellectual curiosity.
Our Work Model:
- Nice to Have
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science, or similar.
- Experience working collaboratively in git workflows.
- Experience working at a Direct to Consumer (DTC) company. Continuity, club membership, and/or subscription experience.
- Industry experience in energy, energy management, smart home, mobile app or other IoT device engagement.
- Work experience in Python, R or other statistical tools.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to take complex data and clearly communicate the story behind it to a variety of audiences.
Being bi-coastal, we have mastered the art of working collaboratively across different time zones and regions. Working from the comforts of our own homes, we don't mind the surprise cameos from children and pets. With our Open Workplace model, we encourage our teams to come together and take advantage of our collaborative work spaces in both Santa Monica, CA and Philadelphia, PA. We often host office events and celebrations that you won't want to miss! Here’s what we offer:
Health & Wellness:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage starts from day one
- Summer Fridays and Wellness days
- Mental Health Benefits (Headspace, Ginger)
- Company Paid Parental Leave
Life at Inspire:
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(K) up to 4% Matching
- Employee Resource Groups
- Treks through GivePower and the opportunity to participate in service trip
- Training, development, and growth opportunities for all employees
More About Who We Are:
- Work from Home
- Semi Annual Performance Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- B Corporation Discounts
- Open Office Floor Plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Fun Company Events
Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future. We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. On average, one year of being an Inspire member can help avoid 9,639 pounds of carbon emissions - that is 7x more impactful than one year of recycling!