In-office locations: Santa Monica, CA, USA and Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
As a certified B Corp, our mission is truly woven into the fabric of what we do. As you grow professionally, you are doing good for the planet by helping us to transform the way consumers access clean energy and accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
Our rapidly growing Data Platform and Services Team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet. We are looking for a Data Scientist to use modeling and statistical tools to define, deploy, maintain and improve the use of forecasting and algorithmic learning to drive business objectives and optimize operations. We take a product-driven, agile approach to our platform, driving measurable growth and meaningful outcomes every single sprint. We build efficient, scalable processes in a service-oriented ecosystem leveraging powerful code frameworks and repeatable patterns to solve real problems for stakeholders and customers.
How you’ll help:
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning and predictive modeling techniques to provide a deeper understanding of customers, and develop and improve the accuracy of our energy, gas, and customer churn and activation rate forecasts
- Improve processes by which we monitor performance of our forecasting services over time
- Develop, improve, and extend the implementation and architecture of our forecasting services
- Communicate modeling and engineering progress to stakeholders and partners (e.g. commercial strategy, pricing, trading, analytics) to drive impact and facilitate decision making
Some 1 year deliverables:
- Measurable improvement of our customer churn or energy forecast
- Develop a natural gas forecast service
- Improve the configurability and robustness of our forecast services
- Improve the input and output data monitoring of our forecast services
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Must Have
- 2-4 years of experience applying machine learning and statistical knowledge to drive business value, specifically with Python and SQL
- Fluency with data visualization to communicate complex topics in approachable way
- Nice to Have
- Experience developing energy load forecasting models using interval meter data, preferably in ERCOT
- Experience developing natural gas forecasting models
- Experience with customer churn forecasting models
- Experience with price elasticity models
- Experience with data engineering frameworks: Apache Airflow, dbt, MLFlow, Apache Spark, AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with machine learning frameworks: scikit-learn, Light GBM, XGBoost, lifelines, pytorch, Tensorflow/Keras
- Software development lifecycle experience in GitHub (ie environment management, testing, deployment)
- Experience at a similar scale of data processing (Multi-TB/billions of rows)
- Work with real-time event stream data
- Contextual work in the energy industry
Our Work Model:
This position is eligible for remote work. Being bi-coastal, we have mastered the art of working collaboratively across different time zones and regions. Working from the comforts of our own homes, we don't mind the constant cameos from children and pets.
Here’s what we offer:
Health & Wellness:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage starts from day one
- Summer Fridays and Wellness days
- Mental Health Benefits (Headspace, Ginger)
- Company Paid Parental Leave
Life at Inspire:
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(K) up to 4% Matching
- Employee Resource Groups
- Treks through GivePower and the opportunity to participate in service trip
- Training, development, and growth opportunities for all employees
- Work from Home
- Semi Annual Performance Bonuses
- B Corporation Discounts
- Open Office Floor Plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Fun Company Events
More About Who We Are:
Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. On average, one year of being an Inspire member can help avoid 9,639 pounds of carbon emissions - that is 7x more impactful than one year of recycling!