Infinite Blue is a global leading provider of extendable apps for organizational resiliency and low-code development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors. We are in search of a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our expanding team.
The Software Engineer position will be part of a team that will develop and support a key set of services as part of the next generation technology platform. This individual must be extremely well versed in cloud-native, SaaS centric technologies. This individual must be capable of understanding architectural documents, performing detailed analysis, designing testable implementation solutions, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support tasks in all environments including production, with minimal supervision. This position requires interaction and deep coordination with other software engineers, architects, UX designers, etc., and as such, requires excellent communication skills and a strong team centric attitude. Additionally, this position requires a highly motivated self-starter, the ability to work independently, evangelize strategies on development practices, and to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
While this position is for our Collegeville office, we are open to remote applicants.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Implement, test, maintain and support software, based on technical design and functional requirement specifications
- Prepare technical design specifications based on functional/non-functional requirements and analysis documents
- Review requirements, analysis, and other design documents and provide feedback
- Ideate and contribute to technical direction and architecture
- Provide expertise and guidance for SaaS development methodologies
- Investigate/prototype/POC new software development tools or other promising technology stacks; present demos and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Ensure code produced is both testable and tested with high code coverage – passionate about Quality and testing
- Assist customer support with technical problems and questions
- Control the CICD pipeline of your solution using a mix of potentially provided tools such as TeamCity, Argo CD, etc.
- Strong communicator: facilitation, written verbal and most importantly via listening
- Proficiency in Java, React, TypeScript
- Proficiency in Cypress or similar testing framework
- Experience implementing web-based systems as part of a microservice environment using Docker or Function as a Service (FaaS) platforms
- Experience developing with highly available SaaS applications
- Experience creating solutions in AWS
- Experience with iterative, incremental software development processes
- Experience with complex software development projects using agile development planning and methods
- Swagger/OpenAPI/RAML first development – should be able to write an API specification using these tools
- Proficiency in RESTful Microservice design and construction with appropriate frameworks depending on preferred Stack
- Polyglot level experience with more than 1 persistence technologies such as: PostgreSQL, mySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc
- Experience with SQL:2003 (window function)
- Experience with distributed asynchronous reactive architectures – using async messaging to coordinate functionality between microservices
- An understanding of both normalized relational data modeling and potentially de-normalized no-SQL data modeling and the differences between
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning
- Ability to quickly analyze, organize, and abstract large amounts of information and to make decisions based on this analysis – creative solutions are welcomed
- Ability to influence and negotiate when faced with opposing views or resistance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering
Infinite Blue has a strong orientation towards these five core values. Successful employees will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Grit – courage and resolve to achieve our goals
- Agile – ability to reassess and adapt quickly
- Trust – confidence in our services and each other
- One Team – strong alignment and collaboration across the company
- Respect – all team members add value
- Generous Vacation Package
- Employee Benefits offered for full time employees and include: Medical/Dental/401K/etc.
Infinite Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.