Some of the world’s best organizations use Guru to communicate, collaborate and connect around easily accessible and highly trusted company information. As the Lead Product Designer of Guru’s Knowledge Lifecycle pod, you’ll be guiding the end-to-end UX around how these teams share, verify, manage, and analyze Knowledge across their organizations. These workflows are crucial to overall customer success, as well as Guru’s high-growth expansion goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Design for and evolve end-to-end features that allow organizations to grow and maintain a healthy knowledge base. We believe that knowledge lives at the core of the Guru experience, and in this role you will be responsible for features that help customers to maintain its health and growth. Some of these features include Guru’s innovative verification engine, personalized alerts and notifications, task management, usage analytics, roles & permissions, and our iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Work on all aspects of Product Design, from customer research to ideation to pixel-perfect UI execution.
- Work cross-functionally with your Product Management, Engineering, Product Marketing and Customer Success peers to innovate and improve upon the way that Guru builds and designs products and experiences for our customers.
- Lead research initiatives with an open and inquisitive mind, guided by customer conversions & feedback, survey campaigns, usability testing, internal insights and product usage data.
- Support your design decisions and empower teammates with your deep knowledge of UX best practices.
- Remain very closely connected with customers, prospects and the workflows within their teams.
- Apply “Design Thinking” to conduct brainstorms and ideations.
- Move quickly and ship iterative experiments regularly. Always learning. Always growing.
- The Lead Designer is an individual contributor (IC) role that will report to our Director of Product Design
You’ll Know You’re a Good Fit if you:
- Embody Guru’s Core Values.
- Have prior experience and success shipping best-in-class product features collaboratively alongside a cross-functional product team.
- Are comfortable leading collaborative, cross-functional design thinking exercises and brainstorms that empower and align your pod around a shared vision.
- Have the ability to objectively and clearly demonstrate how your work ties into the larger goals and objectives of the business. You can weave insights into compelling presentations for executives and stakeholders.
- Find genuine joy in solving complex problems.
- Are inspired by company growth and comfortable with ambiguity. Guru is growing rapidly, and therefore yesterday’s processes won’t necessarily work tomorrow. You are comfortable taking responsibility throughout this exciting period and using design thinking to help you and your team adapt along every step of the way.
- Have a natural curiosity for current Design industry standards. You seek thought leadership through articles, speaking events, podcasts and beyond. You study products and apps to see how other Design teams solve similar problems. You freely share these insights with others and empower those around you.
- A portfolio of work & success, demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered designs and the outcomes they’ve produced.
- Mastery of remote collaboration tools including those in the modern Product Design stack (we use Figma)
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, while setting and meeting deadlines.
- Rigorous attention to detail and consistency.
- Familiarity working within and contributing to a dedicated design system
- A basic understanding of front-end development and frameworks (HTML, CSS, responsive layouts, etc) in order to understand how these technologies can impact and be leveraged by design.
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be 100% Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation. Apply Now