We’re looking for a motivated and hands-on manager with strong skills in marketing, sales and operations to grow the DC market. The General Manager will be directly responsible for growing both sides of our marketplace (cars and renters), as well as scaling city infrastructure to match our rapid growth.
You will need proven operational prowess, marketing savvy, and a growth mindset, as well as the ability to manage a team to execute Getaround’s vision. You’ll also need experience with hands-on customer-service responsibilities, as you’ll be working collaboratively with car owners to constantly improve our growing marketplace.
If you have a rare blend of creative and analytical thinking, we definitely want to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Grow and manage the local growth operation (Marketing, Sales, Operations and Community)
- Build a high performance team including Marketing Manager, Account Executive, Operations Coordinator, Fleet Associates and Brand Ambassadors.
- Create a long term vision to accelerate growth of both cars and renters through local marketing and effective local partnerships
- Manage your city’s P&L, setting and tracking budgets
- Report on your market’s overall health to the entire leadership team on a weekly basis
- Work closely with HQ and cross functional team (Business Intelligence, Operations, Customer Service)
- Represent Getaround at local press and media events
- Collaborate across all markets by developing best practices with both other General Managers and with HQ
- Improve processes and develop tools in conjunction with various teams at Getaround HQ
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of operations and marketing experience
- At least 2 years of multi-disciplinary management experience
- Data-informed attitude with deep analytical thinking
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Ability to thrive in a remote market, leading a local team, in an autonomous way
- Disciplined and well-organized with proven leadership abilities – capable of managing teams with multiple functions
- Entrepreneurial mindset and natural desire to get stuff done
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!