Collaborates within the business and operations units of the Corporation to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain data engineering solutions that support the Corporation’s business. Engage in the entire database development process, from inception through delivery. Participate in the design and implementation of database development standards and procedures. Mentor and guide fellow data engineers.
*open to remote work from home location *
Position is 90% ETL, 10% DBA. We are a Microsoft shop with heavy use of SSIS today. We will be moving to Azure Data Factory/Databricks in near future, so relevant experience in this area a plus.
- Design, develop, test and implement database solutions related to optimal data pipeline architecture and infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, SSIS, Oracle and Big Data technologies, in accordance with established standards. Develop and implement controls to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance. Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code. Package and support deployment of releases. Work with business requestors, BAs and Business Relationship Manager to refine the business requirements and ensure that sufficient detail is provided to guide design, development and testing.
- Drive innovation within the group in areas including development efficiencies, database component development and integration, database management and administration, and leading edge industry concepts and developments. Contribute to and implement standards and changes to database administration and development processes. Contribute to the development and implementation of key performance indicators and service level agreements that serve to maximize our value to the business.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases and guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally. Monitor the production schedule and provide support to remediate job failures. Leverage technology to automate routine processes. Monitor key performance indicators and recovery time objectives to meet service level agreements and maximize value to the business. Provide production support to business users. Monitor and tune databases for which we are responsible and direct the work of vendors where they are responsible for the Database Administrator function. Support enterprise wide compliance with enterprise standards, processes and policies.
- Bachelor Degree or the equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer Science, Computer Information Science. (Required)
- 5 or more years Database Administrator, Database developer, Data Engineer. (Required)
PI128248280 Apply Now