Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
The Cadent Front-End Tech Lead (FETL) owns a set of responsibilities that ultimately connect and translate the vision and designs of the Product organization into sound and scalable front-end architecture and code. The FETL sets the bar for the organization by maintaining and enhancing a modern React/Redux architecture that will deliver a unified user experience across a portfolio of web applications. The FETL is responsible for partnering with Product to develop and enhance the design-to-development hand off. This is accomplished by acting as the direct liaison with our design department, constantly working to ensure that application designs are feasible and attainable within a given scope.
- ES 2016+ – the latest specs available through Babel:
- Functional programming concepts: – immutability, pure functions, currying, etc.
- You know what a constructor is, prototypal inheritance, event delegation and can explain them in a simple way. You can have a simple conversation about the nuances of variable declarations inside of closures and can easily explain scope hoisting.
- Strong understanding of DOM
- Expert level in React
- Has worked with React 16.x
- Knows how to create reusable components
- Basic understanding of lifecycle events
- Knows state management libraries like Redux and Redux-Saga
- React charting and data viz i.e., Victory from Formidable
- Sass, Older, well-supported CSS2 properties
- Newest CSS3 properties – flexbox, transitions, animations, etc.,
- You’ll always be working with the latest stuff. Our current set of tools include Sass, CSS, CSSModules, Storybook, Styleguidist, REST, GraphQL, Webpack, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, NodeJS, NPM, and Amazon Web Services.
Below are the general responsibilities broken up into the disciplines required of the role.
Front-End & Asset Pipeline Architecture
- Have an active role in all feature design decisions and architect scalable and portable state and corresponding features that drive complex web applications
- Create and maintain standards that govern the high-level architecture of all front-end applications and apply them in a large distributed team environment
- Keeps up with industry trends, knows how to get products deployed correctly and efficiently
- Well versed in making solid design decisions and weighing trade-offs with effective communication to others
- Maintains technical documentation for all front end standards and architecture
- Effective in removing roadblocks and requires minimal oversight
Mentoring, Code Standards and Review
- Helps management screen and interview new front end developer candidates
- Drives the onboarding of new members of the front end development team
- Write and maintain standards for front-end technical decomposition of stories and epics
- § Participate in all code reviews and help teach and empower others to peer review in a constructive manner while providing feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness.
- § Mentor front end engineers on best practices in front-end development
- Knows how to write well defined tasks and stories and learns how to mentor and delegate work to others, including offshore development teams.
- Identifies problems and risks and brings solutions to the table
- Build/construct and maintain a shard asset pipeline to ensure that all build processes, automation, and compression are uniform across the company
- Simplify the process for release reporting based upon git history
- You are innovative and autonomous
- You are eager to use new technologies and standards to make a positive change
- You have 2+ years development expertise in React/Redux
- BONUS: You have worked in a scaled Agile environment
- BONUS: You have an understanding of .Net Framework 4.0 or Java
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation! Apply Now