Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.
Working at Enterprise
At Enterprise, you’ll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You’ll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you’re valued and supported in your growth journey.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with an exceptional benefits package.
Job Description Summary
Enterprise Community Development is seeking an entrepreneurial professional to optimize business intelligence capabilities and produce general insights related to ECD’s multifamily portfolio, residents, and resident service impacts. This role requires industry knowledge of multifamily real estate investment/asset management and demonstrated success in implementing business intelligence tools and strategies at previous organizations.
The role leads a new vertical and team within the organization that will partner with other Enterprise Community Development leaders to guide the organization’s use of data, analytics, and reporting to drive business strategy, resulting in increased automation and enhanced internal and external customer experience. The Business Intelligence Manager will work closely with key stakeholders to assemble data and analytical requirements and lead the analyst team in producing deliverables in the form of financial models, cash flow projections, real estate valuation insights, raw datasets, reports, dashboards, and solutions that will be used to drive business decisions.
In addition to team and analysis management, the Business Intelligence Manager will lead the design, implementation, and optimization of an Enterprise Community Development business intelligence strategy and tools, with a focus on providing business operations leaders with the data, analysis, and reporting needed to guide the business forward. The Business Intelligence Manager will oversee the organization’s data warehouse, design/implement a data technology and governance strategy, and ensure that data, reporting, and analytics are aligned with organizational priorities, internal IT policies, and best practices for data management.
- Collaborate with a team of analysts across the organization to develop meaningful analysis, reporting, and insights to support business operations growth and needs
- Deliver reporting and analytics to help the business operate more effectively, understand what business questions need to be answered, and how to unlock data to get answers
- Create alignment across Enterprise Community Development to deliver business intelligence that informs programming and performance
- Provide development, new business, property management and asset management business units with research into new and existing markets
- Inform and collaborate with the asset management business unit to evaluate portfolio data and improve financial reporting for the ECD portfolio
- Inform and collaborate with resident services and property management business units to improve resident experience and promote community belonging through data collection
- Lead the team in providing input and support for senior management reports and dashboards
- Assist, if needed, with obtaining Yardi business intelligence information and dashboards to help inform decisions
- Via the team, or as a hands-on contributor, complete ad hoc analyses as requested by senior management with the expectation of presenting deliverables to a large and varied audience
- Motivate, train, and collaborate with analyst team members on data collection and reliability
- Maintain a high-performing team and lead talent management to include recruitment, development, culture, performance management, and recognition of team members
Business Intelligence Strategy and Tools
- Create a business intelligence strategy for maintaining and leveraging portfolio, property, resident services, and resident datasets to drive outcomes that positively affect the organization’s goals
- Enable confidence in the data by providing actionable insights from the accuracy of the data, fostering opportunities for efficiency gains, and by introducing solutions to scale current operations
- Identify and lead team procurement of new data sources that complement our business and provide enhanced insights into our operations and economic environment
- Set the data governance and retention processes and policies to ensure the optimal integration of data and the continued integrity of data sources used for core reports
- Recommend and help implement insight solutions that improve business decision making through quantitative and qualitative data including Enterprise Community Development’s data warehouse facilities and data integration tools as needed
- Partner with best-in-class data and analytics products and service vendors to follow the pulse of industry-leading platforms and identify opportunities (and related costs/benefits of) to implement new tools
This is not a supervisory position, but the Business Intelligence Manager will work closely with a group of analysts focused on property management, asset management, finance, and resident support programs
- Team player, resourceful leader, collaborative, and entrepreneurial spirit
- 6-8 years’ experience in multifamily real estate, resident services, and/or property management industry
- Demonstrated experience implementing business intelligence tools and strategies required
- Experience developing real estate financial modeling in excel required
- Demonstrated experience with large data collection, organization, synthesis, and distribution working with advanced data analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and/or Business Objects
- Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts, relational data models and the data flow process end-to-end from ingestion to consumption
- Experience with predictive modeling tools/languages, ETL tools, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and statistical computer languages (Python, R, SAS, and SQL) a plus
- Experience using Java and SQL Server for performing data profiling, formatting, and ad hoc analysis a plus
- Experience working with Workday, Salesforce, Yardi, and Social Solutions systems a plus
Typical Education, Range of Experience, Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business information systems, mathematics or related discipline, or combination of related experience and education. Master’s Degree preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple business departments and in a team environment, including senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technology solutions in business terms; effective listening skills
- Strong attention to detail with project management experience and good organizational skills
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities; a strategic thinker