Maxar is looking to add a solid DevOps engineer. We possess some amazing talent in all other areas of the development stack, and now we need someone to plug in to DevOps fulltime to help us get our development/delivery pipeline optimized…and keep it there.
Life with Us
Your Project: We’re putting the final touches on an MVP for our customers. They’re great clients and have us booked for another solid year of continuous feature delivery. We’ve also locked in that AWS/C2S is the preferred platform and process for subsequent releases. All development begins low and is deployed high, you’ll need to optimize that workflow for us. Quite a lot of this work is in progress, so you’ll be starting from a good place, but we’d love you to apply your skills to take it to the next level of automation.
Your Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
- Dedicated professional development time.
- Conference attendance.
- Corporate partner, industry training.
- Peer groups.
- Paid certifications.
- Education reimbursement.
- and much more…
Day-to-day with your colleagues:
- You’ll manage installations of software components across multiple networks and environments, classified and unclassified.
- Design and create services and system architectures.
- Deploy new releases, updates, and patches.
- Implement and support CI/CD lowside for a variety of projects.
- Automate, test, and implement software systems.
- Maintain and optimize deployed solutions.
- Collaborate with your “customers,” the dev team, to define best practices, document processes, and improve our delivery cadence.
- Work in very Lean Agile environment.
- Collaborate with a geographically dispersed team.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g. Computer Science, Systems Engineering, etc.
- Requires 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong Linux administration skills!
- Recent experience with:
- Automation of application deployments, scaling, and management with tools like: Ansible, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, or Puppet.
- Configuration and deployment of logging and monitoring services.
- GitHub or GitLab.
- Proficient in Go, Java, and/or Python.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, specifically frequent, iterative releases which rely on user feedback to refine features over time.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking principles.