We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team builds simple, transparent and inclusive products that transform borrowing behavior and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 5 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time. Backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan.
Our office inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it. We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a new, open floor plan, river-front office. A coffee bar sits at the heart of the office with espresso, drip coffee, cold brew and tea options. The rest of the office has comfortable, open seating including: sitting desks, standing desks, couches, lounge chairs, and kitchen booths & tables. We provide catered lunches and weekly groceries so team members can make breakfast or lunch, or just snack -we don’t judge. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
- Leading the development of features for our customers and our internal finance, operational, and risk teams
- Planning and implementing specifications
- Executing on new features with other engineers
- Testing and releasing features into production
- Analyzing data
- Working with our stakeholders to design and implement new products, as well as new features for our existing platform
What We Look For:
- Experience with Python and/or polyglots with experience with another dynamically typed language
- Experience with RESTful API design and integration
- Exposure to web application frameworks, preferably Django or Flask
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and other DevOps and virtualization technologies preferred
- Ability to be writing server-side code one day, analyzing data another, all while contributing to our client-side code
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly, with software engineering fundamentals being valued more than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- Ability to design, analyze, and debug distributed services
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, readable, testable code
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!