Comoto Holdings is America’s largest and fastest growing omnichannel platform in the powersports aftermarket-products industry; dedicated to advancing the experience of moto enthusiasts across the globe. Comoto’s brands, RevZilla, Cycle Gear, J&P Cycles, and now REVER, deliver premium products, dedicated expertise, engaging media, and passionate customer support of the rider community, through best-in-class e-commerce and retail experiences.
This position is responsible for meeting the needs of our customers (internal and external) through the effective use of technology throughout the software development lifecycle. The Software Engineer III position possesses deep and broad technical skills to assist in project and program-level support of our software systems. This position architects solutions across the entire software lifecycle and follows and adapts software practices and guidelines in the development and support of sustainable software systems.
Our Software Engineer III Will:
- Own system uptimes and system performance characteristics
- Have in-depth system knowledge, architectural design, and solution design
- Provide technical support and mentoring to development team members
- Be an active participant in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Take many abstract ideas and codify to a viable solution that meets business needs.
- Have the ability to take high-level system initiatives and break them down into workable user stories for the team to work on.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle in support of team objectives.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Act as a fully integrated team member by participating in the daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand needs, priorities, and to capture requirements for operational needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of emerging technologies as well as new developments in older technologies
Our Next Software Engineer III Has:
- E-commerce/retail domain knowledge
- Can mentor and guide junior engineers, providing them support to start and complete their tasks
- Regularly write clean code and help guide other team members to do the same
- The ability to recognize code smells and refactor mercilessly when you see them
- Understand the architecture of systems that span multiple business domains and drive the design of the context you work in to improve that ecosystem
- Expert-level with RDBMS and can effectively use an ORM with appropriate patterns
- Regularly implement complex frameworks and understand the purpose of them
- Belief in continuous delivery principles and strive to keep our product shippable at all times
- Stays up to date with emerging trends by attending meet-ups, reading books, following open source projects, etc.
- Passion for Agile principles and participate actively in important rituals such as grooming and planning sessions as well as being comfortable estimating and willing to call out blockers early
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Google Cloud Platform (this is a nice to have and not a requirement of the role).