There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
We are looking for a React Developer with strong hands-on frontend development experience to join our Global investment Operations team. You will be developing user interfaces for cloud based compliance systems to ensure the firm remains complaint with our investment transactions. You will design new greenfield applications from scratch as well as develop new features for existing systems. You’ll also have the opportunity to coach other Software Engineers, establish best practices, and grow your technical skills with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Designs and develops frontend solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards
- Performs technical planning, architecture development, and modification of specifications
- Develops specifications for new products/services, applications, and service offerings
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies
Role Summary and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery
- Recommends and contributes to software engineering best practices, including those that have enterprise-wide impact
- Accountable for the quality, maintainability and security of the system
- Capable of leading regular, ongoing development projects
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm’s broader business strategy and future priorities
- Recommends solutions aligned with Global Technology and business unit strategies
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant frontend development experience
- Provides a clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs or implementation to a non-technical audience
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Lead by example, sets standards, follows principles related to paradigm like OO, SOLID, or FP
- Mentor junior engineers, and help drive their carrier development
- Owns technical debt and helps the team effectively manage it
Nice to have
- Server side development experience
- Hands on experience with AWS or another cloud platform
- Previous financial services experience
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.