We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team builds simple, transparent and inclusive products that transform borrowing behavior and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 5 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time. Backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan.
Our office inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it. We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a new, open floor plan, river-front office. A coffee bar sits at the heart of the office with espresso, drip coffee, cold brew and tea options. The rest of the office has comfortable, open seating including: sitting desks, standing desks, couches, lounge chairs, and kitchen booths & tables. We provide catered lunches and weekly groceries so team members can make breakfast or lunch, or just snack -we don’t judge. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Engineer at Perpay, you will help improve upon and expand the current Data Engineering ecosystem. With the near future launch of a credit card, we anticipate a rapidly increasing need for data engineering resources to meet the modeling, reporting, analytical requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to create a foundation of data engineering resource for this new product at Perpay. With the move towards a card product, data security and governance within our ecosystem will become of increasing importance, and this individual will be expected to contribute meaningfully to these initiatives.
- Design and implement data pipelines that produce reliable data for various data consumption use cases
- Help manage Marketing data platforms which include Iterable, Census and AWS Redshift.
- Manage aspects of dataset design, creation, and curation
- Build and own the automation and monitoring of frameworks that showcase reliable, accurate, easy to understand metrics and operational KPI's to stakeholders
- Considerably improve data pipeline quality and performance
- Drive design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production systems
- Be the SME for the data, pipeline design, and other related big data and programming technologies
- Proactively identify reliability and data quality problems and drive triaging and remediation processes
- Partner with data producers in understanding data sources, enable data contracts, and define the data models that drives analytics
- Evaluate various technologies and platforms (open source and proprietary)
- Execute proof of concepts on new technology and tools to pick the best tools and solutions
- Implement data governance practices such as metadata management, data lineage, and data catalogs
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- Minimum two years work experience in related field required
- Working knowledge of data design, architecture and warehousing
- Understanding of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and cloud computing (AWS or GCP)
- Understanding and administration of AWS, Docker and Linux-based systems
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in large scale data processing using traditional and distributed systems with tools like Airflow, Spark, EMR/Athena, or similar
- Strong working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, relational databases and Python is required (2+ years experience)
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!