At Contrast, our goal is the make the Internet safer day by day. We are always interested in meeting talented and creative technologists who share this goal. We’ve built some amazing technology thus far and are shaking up the way the world looks at application security. We know that our products can get better with new voices and ideas.
Contrast is looking for a talented Ruby application developer to join our team, engineering a world-class instrumentation agent for analyzing the security of Ruby web applications. An ideal candidate is incredibly proficient in Ruby. He or she likely has professional Ruby, Rails and Gems experience, including some experience contributing to open source frameworks and/or libraries, this could be a great opportunity for you to deepen your understanding of Ruby’s unique characteristics.
- Build many variations of simple to complex web applications in Ruby using Rails, Rack, Sinatra and/or Padrino for our instrumentation agent to analyze to detect security vulnerabilities at run-time.
- Contribute to the development of our instrumentation agent written in Ruby, C and Protobuf.
- Perform forensic investigations when the agent negatively impacts the performance of functionality of instrumented web applications.
- You can join us in our office in Baltimore.
- You must love to code and have a strong passion for making software more secure.
- You’re a true scientist and think about algorithms and regular expressions while you sleep.
- You’re a Ruby expert with a strong understanding of Rails and Linux (Ubuntu).
- Experience writing Ruby using Rails, Rack, Sinatra and/or Padrino.
- Experience and/or increasing interest working with Protobuf
- Experience with popular Ruby ORM frameworks like Active Record, Sequel, Mongoid, Lotus::Model and/or DataMapper.
- Experience building Ruby packaging tools such as bundler, RVM and Ruby Gems.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you’re building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You’re a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation (salary + equity)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Daily in-office lunches
- Professional Development Budget