We are in search of someone who loves Java and wants to explore the internals of the JVM. There are a lot of people out there that can program in Java, but they moonlight in other languages. We kind of want someone who wants to be focused just on Java and JVM languages like Scala, Kotlin and Groovy.
The opportunity is to join our flagship team, which is our Java agent. It’s our most widely adopted language/agent. It just happens to be our most mature and feature rich. We have so much more work to do with our technology, so let me assure you that joining this team will be a fun, wild ride.
Writing an application security agent is a responsibility we take very seriously at Contrast. Our customers trust us enough to run our agents directly in their applications. We’re looking for an engineer to exercise that power carefully, to help us build a quality, thoroughly tested agent that our customers run with complete confidence. An ideal candidate is proficient in Java and wants to get into the internals of the JVM. He or she likely has professional Java experience, including some experience contributing to open source frameworks and/or libraries, this could be a great opportunity for you to deepen your understanding of Java. You like to reverse engineer code, making it better with each iteration.
- Able to design modular and well tested java code bases.
- Experience with popular Java OSGi and ORM frameworks.
- Research and implement JVM Compiler and Runtime optimizations
- Strong skills in developing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Hands-on experience in JVM development, configuration, and Java concurrency practices.
- Deep understanding of Java threads, locks, I/O and garbage collection.
- Experience and/or curiosity in JVM languages: Kotlin, Groovy, Scala or Clojure
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you’re building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You’re a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
- You can join us in our office in Baltimore
At Contrast, our goal is the make the Internet safer day by day. We are always interested in meeting talented and creative technologists who share this goal. We’ve built some amazing technology thus far and are shaking up the way the world looks at application security. We know that our products can get better with new voices and ideas.
Are you looking to make a difference? Are you a problem solver, but want to be challenged with complex and interesting problems. Do you believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges? Do you long to be an early contributor to a product and a company culture? Do you ever wish you were there in the early days of these startups everyone is talking about? Here’s a little about what we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Daily team lunches
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off