Posted on October 2, 2018
Overview of the Role
The Community Manager’s role is responsible for supporting the Director of Community & Partnerships efforts to establishing a positive and engaging coworking community culture for members and guests. The Community Manager serves as liaison for the director and is onsite on a full-time bases. They are a primary on-site point of contact with Spark visitors and members, and is responsible for maintaining a positive work environment. This role “keeps an ear to the ground” with the Spark community and stays abreast of members resource or networking needs. The Community Manager also takes an active role in curating and organizing onsite events, member programing and marketing for the community. Must have a strong interest in startup culture and is currently established within the Baltimore startup ecosystem, to be a bridge and facilitate connections for community members.
- Manages opening and closing procedures of the workspace: Setting up coffee and water stations, stocking and making sure common areas are clean and ready for members
- Provides outreach and recruitment support
- Develops community programming and promotes onsite events via social media platforms
- Develops internal marketing materials and communications for staff and members
- Responsible for updating and supporting Marketing and Social Media initiatives
- Provides leadership support during on-site private and community events
- Responsible for event setups and working with service staff & caterers
- Responds to inquiries from members and staff, provide information in a prompt and professional manner
- Responds to membership requests and provide tours to prospects
- Responsible for taking inventory of supplies and contacting vendors
- Attends business & tech industry events and network with prospects
- Provides training insight to associate support staff
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English.
Job requires ability to perform the following:
- Strong ability to provide attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with members and guests in a professional manner
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Use a keyboard to generate log of client requests/inquiries, mostly while sitting
- Must be able to safely move about the venue and/or assigned work area
- Computer skills including Google Drive, MS Word and Excel
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when performing front desk functions
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Please submit resume and cover letter to Shervonne Cherry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spark Baltimore is the Downtown Baltimore area’s most collaborative workspace, and serves as a connecting force for creative and technology focused companies, and the entrepreneur ecosystem. Spark Baltimore is a catalyst for advancing entrepreneurship, and offers shared coworking space, private offices and custom suites for entrepreneurs, creatives, and innovators, and aim to provide the local startup ecosystem with community and space – allowing them to ignite ideas that transform into successful companies and organizations.
Apply for this job Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!