This job is the top security executive at the Philadelphia International Airport and will report directly to the Airport’s Chief Information Officer. The employee will coordinate security efforts and will identify security initiatives and standards. Establishes and manages the Division of Aviation security policies and processes controlling the workflow and integrity of data, applications, systems and networks. This position is accountable for the management and direction setting of the Airport’s cybersecurity policies and controls at the Philadelphia International Airport.
Essential functions include:
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Plans and develops policies and procedures for carrying out computer operations.
• Meets with subordinate supervisors to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
• Adjusts hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation.
• Oversees plans and schedules levels of support according to product release schedules.
• Evaluates new software and hardware to determine compliance with Airport’s cybersecurity program
• Must be an articulate and persuasive leader who can communicate security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Should have experience with planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university, which has included major course work in computer science, information science, system analysis, software engineering, or a closely related field
• Minimum of eight years of work experience
• Experience managing a team of professionals and demonstrated project management skills
• Valid Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) credential required such as CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP or CISSP-ISSMP
City of Philadelphia residency within 6 months of hire. Candidates must be able to pass and maintain SIDA (Security Identification Display Area) and AOA (Airfield Operations Area) clearance.
With a workforce of over 25,000 people, and opportunities in more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia is the fifth largest city in the United States and one of the largest employers in Southeastern Pennsylvania. As an employer, the City of Philadelphia operates through the guiding principles of service, integrity, respect, accountability, collaboration, diversity and inclusion. Through these principles, we strive to effectively deliver services, to resolve the challenges facing our city, and to make Philadelphia a place where all our residents have the opportunity to reach their potential.
The Philadelphia International Airport is a Division under the Commerce Department of the City of Philadelphia. The Airport serves approximately 82,000 travelers per day. The Airport Information Technology Department is headed by the Airport’s Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly