Posted on November 15, 2018
Full Stack Software Developer
Kennett Square, PA
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our growing application development team. As a part of our team, you will be developing innovative, high quality, and robust web applications and micro services.
As a member of the team you will…
- Develop cutting-edge financial applications.
- Be a member of an agile scrum team that owns development of a specific product or platform.
- Collaborate with other software engineering teams, design team, quant team, product owners and managers, and business stakeholders.
- Develop software in our technology stack which is constantly evolving but currently includes .NET, ServiceStack, RabbitMQ, SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, Redis, various Amazon web services, unmanaged C code, Nvidia Cuda, and Python.
- Participate in Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Object-oriented design patterns; languages including C#, C++ or Java; web frameworks like AngularJS; and relational and NoSQL databases.
- Comfort with full stack software development, including computationally intense back-end development and service design, data storage and access models, enterprise level messaging patterns, and modern web development frameworks.
- Proclivity towards refactoring and continuously improving OO code through agile development methods.
- Testing skills including use of inversion of control, mocks, and stubs in unit testing and integration testing frameworks.
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Open source development projects.
- Contributions to the local developer community.
- Advanced degrees in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or sciences.
- R&D experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Quantitative and modeling skills with an ability to learn techniques in numerical optimization, data mining, simulation, or model calibration.
At Chatham Financial, we’re committed to making a positive impact for our clients and markets, communities, and each other. That starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and leadership growth. And yes, we know for most folks the word “financial” often conjures images of horror (e.g., suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams, layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy).
Don’t fret. Working here is a unique experience.
Our campus is designed to foster creativity and a collaborative spirit. No offices, an open floor plan with numerous gathering spaces, and plenty of whiteboards encourage communication and cross-team creativity. The on-campus disc golf course, ping pong table, and lounge help too.
There’s flexibility with your choice of an Apple or PC workstation and other peripherals, and adjustable standing desks if desired.
Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend. Teams form around approved projects and in one week we take ideas from concept to functional prototypes (and sometimes further). It’s an opportunity not only for a creative break from the “day-to-day,” but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact our company and clients.
Our expanding product suite is built on a common platform that serves the world’s largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide.
Competitive salary and paid time-off based on experience. Our hiring process in selecting team- and values-oriented individuals who show a desire to be industry leaders results in an incredibly low turnover rate.
And leave the tie at home. We don’t believe outfits demonstrate how smart you are. We encourage a casual-attire environment.
Apply for this job Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!