CIC is looking for a highly capable, self-directed individual to manage a team that will be responsible for day-to-day operations of our site in Philadelphia. This will be a great opportunity for someone with at least 5 years of hands-on, managerial experience who enjoys working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
CIC is a global leader in building and operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space and coworking options, providing a platform for the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better and faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Café, CIC’s primary non-profit programming partner, and CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies and the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here
ABOUT CIC PHILADELPHIA
CIC Philadelphia is located within uCity Square at 3675 Market Street, alongside our local partner, the University City Science Center, as well as our Cambridge based partner, BioLabs. At 3675 Market, CIC and BioLabs offer world-class office and lab facilities, while the Science Center supports its nationally recognized technology commercialization programs, as well as new programs focused on mentoring, funding, strategy development and resources to accelerate businesses from idea to IPO and beyond.
The partnership between CIC, the Science Center, and BioLabs strengthens our collective ability to serve Philadelphia’s startups and serial entrepreneurs. Together, we aim to catalyze and accelerate innovation and entrepreneurship in Greater Philadelphia.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
This person will join our CIC Philadelphia team as the operations and community team leader. The work is a mix of managing the client experience, staff management, operations and facilities management, and working closely with our laboratory and real estate partners.
Potential responsibilities will include:
• Community Building:
– Responsible for the overall client experience, including how they experience the physical space as well as the community of entrepreneurs within our space, working in conjunction with relationship management and events.
– Managing the daily operations of the Philadelphia site, examples being: site safety protocols, client services, office moves, IT troubleshooting, vendor management, product procurement, budget, and inventory.
• Facilities Management:
– Managing facilities repairs and maintenance working alongside laboratory partners, vendors, and contractors.
– Representing CIC as a part of uCity Square partner and 3675 Market Street facilities.
• Team Management:
– Leading a team of 8-14 individuals including hiring, training, performance management, and professional development.
• Site Leadership:
– Supporting the CIC Philadelphia leadership team with staff development, strategic planning, and partner engagement.
– Partnering with the laboratory operations team to ensure best practices and client services.
– Supporting the GM with operational initiatives as a thought leader.
Our ideal candidate is a service-minded individual who is reliable, clever, and able to work independently. It’s not expected that you’ll know everything that we do on day one. What’s important is that you are a bright person, interested in what we’re doing, and willing to learn.
More specifically, as our ideal candidate, you are:
• Willing, able, and happy to help.
• Experienced in managing an operations team in a fast-paced environment.
• Someone who can communicate creatively and effectively to clients and staff, both in person and in writing.
• Able to remain personable, happy-to-help, and calm in any environment.
• Equally comfortable with power drills, ethernet hubs, and Oxford commas.
• Able to juggle many tasks and pay close attention to detail.
• Able to lead by example; willing to get their hands dirty, build a desk, fix a copier, etc.
• Willing to proactively seek out and master new skills.
• Able to explore and balance multiple perspectives on a situation or solutions to a problem.
• Naturally interested in helping others and solving problems.
• Someone who treats everyone as an equal.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 5-7 years professional experience, with a minimum of 2-3 years of management experience.
• Evidenced growth and increase in responsibility and success in previous roles.
• An interest in a long-term role – we are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
If you don’t meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills and experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply and highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is $75,667.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare and dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Three weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported.
Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
• Free weekly COVID-19 testing when required to work on site.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now