Posted on December 4, 2017
As Datastory’s first and only Business Coordinator, you’ll own projects big and small. Our internal team will rely on you for support and external customers will interact with you as the front line to our business.
- Self-starting. If you need a ton of direction, this role isn’t for you.
- Ready to grind. We’re a lean team, we have huge goals, and we work hard.
- At least a little experienced. Maybe you’ve been a project manager or office manager or marketing associate. We’re not worried about what you’ve done, but how well you did it.
- Willing to help wherever help is needed. “That’s not my job” isn’t part of your vocabulary.
- Obsessed with customer service. You think creatively and anticipate client needs, and deliver results that deepen our relationship with clients.
- An exceptional teammate. You contribute uniquely to a diverse team of hardworking professionals. You realize that we’re in this together.
- Be part of a small, high-horsepower team of developers, sales reps, and analysts
- Contribute to every step of the process once a customer says “yes, we’re in”. This means handling logistics, triaging problems, and generally being on the front lines.
- Work directly with our marketing firm.
- Manage team process — schedule and attend meetings, coordinate schedules, keep minutes and follow up action items.
- Manage our CRM (Prosperworks) — from data entry to reporting, you’ll learn this system inside and out.
- Manage conference process. Do we have booth space? Marketing material? Time for presenters? Flights for the team?
- Handle some financials. Reports, invoicing, contract paperwork — you’re at the hub of this action.
- Be an ambassador and represent our business with pride.
- Care. We’re looking for someone who cares about our mission as much as we do.
Datastory helps businesses make better decisions, faster.
How? Through the lens of a beautifully simple map using geographic information systems (GIS) technology to reveal patterns in data. We reveal the hidden “datastory” so businesses can stop focusing on data collection/validation and start focusing on strategy. Our platform gives businesses the “a-ha!” moments that unlock the story hidden deep within their data.
As nationally recognized experts, we are aligned with the preeminent platform for mapping and location analytics: Esri.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- Excellence. If it’s worth doing then we won’t give it any less than our best. The best data, the best practices, the best technology, the best insights.
- Inspiring through beauty. We do work that is beautiful and polished so users say “wow” every time they uncover a new datastory.
- Growth through coaching. Whether it’s our clients or our own teammates, we coach each other so we’re constantly improving.
- Solving problems through objective data. We help leaders make confident decisions using a data-driven foundation that reduces the uncertainty and stress of running the business.
- Doing what needs to be done. We do whatever it takes to solve problems for our clients without nickle-and-diming them.
- Taking it to the next level. We respond with “Yes, and…” — We give clients what they ask for and offer additional creative ideas. We often call these answers to “invisible questions”.
Apply for this job
Please submit Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of your email, please answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in what we're doing at Datastory?
2. How do you use technology in your current role?
3. Share your thoughts on Project Management tools. What have you used? What do you recommend? Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!