The System Administrator III will a key player in managing research, development, and implementation of new technologies to meet IT and business goals.. They will regularly work on complex projects and will regularly provide insight into happenings within the network to the business and management. A successful System Administrator will be able to demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, document, design, tune, and maintain complex systems and networks, and think strategically about our technical environment.
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Our associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and our communities through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities.
- Manage and provide oversight of Linux System Administration: Suse 10/11, Red Hat, Sun Solaris, Vmware, Cisco USC, Storage Tools, Scripting languages, and Deployment Tools.
- Provide expert support while effectively communicating with IT and the Business for all tasks and projects.
Monitor and provide continual feedback to management regarding system performance, project updates, etc.
- Ensure the compliance to system policies and procedures.
- Be available to handle critical issues during normal hours and after hours as required to ensure continued business operations, system availability and the achievement of System Service Level Agreements (SLA’S).
- Help in defining new procedures, processes and tools for improving the support of the operation, to minimize system outages, and costs to organization
- Configuration and installation of servers and other devices or services for all OS levels supported by the organization.
- Maintain system updates, patches, and upgrades to meet system performance and security policies
- Manage installation and configuration of clustered applications
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and monitoring and troubleshooting of Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, PHP, MySQL, Active Directory Domains, Power Shell, Perl, Python, LVM, NFS, NIS, DNS, Multi-Pathing, and VMwar
Manage, design, and review current infrastructure (i.e. Samba, CIFS, VMware) design to ensure it is able to meet business needs, industry best practices, and supports organizational goals for cost, stability, and capability. This includes Disaster Recovery.
- B.S. in computer related field or equivalent experience/training
- Linux (SLES) 3+ years
- Windows 3+ years
- VMWare 3+ years